Old 02-09-2019, 11:22 AM   #21
Guru

City: Pitcairn Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayM View Post
The pilothouse is so far forward you might need a harness to stay in the helm seat, and that's a lot of glass perpendicular to whatever makes it over the bows.

Having said that, if you avoid 'gnarly weather' the boat has a fair bit of acreage topsides for repurposing proposals.
I don't think I'd discount it as good seaboat especially in comparison to most pleasure trawlers I see. Not having been on it or one like it I don't actually know but I know where they fish and to make any money it has to be a good seaboat.

Fish53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 03:59 PM   #22
Veteran Member

City: Metairie, LA
Recent posting of sale of an Endeavor 44 catamaran trawler. Could I get some details of that sale, final price and date of sale?? The post was 2/15/19 and gave specs for the boat but didnít state the date of sale or price. Iím looking for one of these now
Thanks
Jack Hulse

Jackhulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 04:06 PM   #23

City: florida
I can hear the tunnel slap from my desk, no thanks.
boatruptcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 04:28 PM   #24
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatruptcy View Post
I can hear the tunnel slap from my desk, no thanks.
I'm sure you can. What puzzles me is all those obviously successful fishermen, which would indicate many years on the water, spend hundreds of thousands of pounds to buy a boat like this that sucks as a seaboat. Why would they do that? This type of boat is seen all around Great Britain and Ireland, how could they be so stupid as to buy a poor seaboat that "slaps"? They probably wouldn't if they only had the solid opinion of someone that's never been aboard one and is currently sailing a desk.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:40 PM   #25
Veteran Member

City: Metairie, LA
While I appreciate the comments I already own a Leopard 38 sailing cat, very stable, no roll and very little slap. The prior post of the sale of the 2005 Endeavor 44 trawler cat was by JackS. Just trying to get a feel for the price range of this model.
Thanks
Jack Hulse
Jackhulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 04:48 PM   #26
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhulse View Post
While I appreciate the comments I already own a Leopard 38 sailing cat, very stable, no roll and very little slap. The prior post of the sale of the 2005 Endeavor 44 trawler cat was by JackS. Just trying to get a feel for the price range of this model.
Thanks
Jack Hulse
It's a Maxus 12m cat built by G Smyth boats in the UK, I assume they'd be happy to provide the answers to your questions.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:58 PM   #27
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by healhustler View Post
I sure love those cats, but as is, she looks pretty heavy. Adding cabin weight could spoil the advantages of the design. A heavy cat is an unhappy boat.
+1

It appears short of reserve buoyancy.
sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 05:05 PM   #28
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchaser View Post
+1

It appears short of reserve buoyancy.
Yeah they do that frequently on boats made to carry heavy and varied loads. It's too bad those two hulls don't come together somewhere and widen out somehow.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:18 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish53 View Post
I'm sure you can. What puzzles me is all those obviously successful fishermen, which would indicate many years on the water, spend hundreds of thousands of pounds to buy a boat like this that sucks as a seaboat. Why would they do that? This type of boat is seen all around Great Britain and Ireland, how could they be so stupid as to buy a poor seaboat that "slaps"? They probably wouldn't if they only had the solid opinion of someone that's never been aboard one and is currently sailing a desk.

Ok tough guy, what was said about seaworthiness? You started the thread "just wondering" about it as a recreation boat. Tunnel slap is annoying and most recreational guys will agree. And this desk gives me the means to buy the boat I want to buy so slide off your high horse "captain".
Old 02-21-2019, 06:59 PM   #30
Guru

Quote:
Ok tough guy, what was said about seaworthiness? You started the thread "just wondering" about it as a recreation boat. Tunnel slap is annoying and most recreational guys will agree. And this desk gives me the means to buy the boat I want to buy so slide off your high horse "captain".
Gee you don't know if it has tunnel slap and you don't know if I'm a "tough guy" yet you're comfortable making both pronouncements without a shred of evidence or first hand knowledge, must be some desk? You did guess right once though, I am a "captain".
Old 02-21-2019, 07:04 PM   #31

You need to Google tunnel slap, educate yourself before condemning others opinions. It has nothing to do with sea worthiness. And you can clearly see it happening in the video. Have a great night, you're a joy to speak with.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:30 PM   #32
Guru

Quote:
You need to Google tunnel slap, educate yourself before condemning others opinions. It has nothing to do with sea worthiness. And you can clearly see it happening in the video. Have a great night, you're a joy to speak with.
I didn't actually bring up seaworthiness in relation to your comment but thanks for clearing up an unrelated issue. And the joy is just a little extra to brighten the day, think of it as a gift given in appreciation.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:07 PM   #33

City: Wrightsville Beach
Vessel Name: Time & Tide
Vessel Model: 2005 34T Mainship
opc orn:: popcorn:
Todd R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:47 PM   #34

City: Palo Alto
Vessel Name: Ann-Elyse II
Vessel Model: North Pacific 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltrider1 View Post
Pictures never tell the true story. The waves look small, there is a swell running and the boat is doing some serious pitching. I have been around long enough to know you canít judge sea state from pictures. I canít say anything positive or negative based on the little I have seen.
Agree
Old 02-22-2019, 12:25 AM   #35
Guru

City: Qualicum Beach, Vancouver Island
Vessel Name: Capricorn
Vessel Model: Mariner 28 - Sedan Cruiser 1969
How deep are your pockets?

rsn48 is online now   Reply With Quote