Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks more like a ship than a boat. I see this price, do others not?
€765,000 (US$855,352) tax not paid

It eliminates all of us 'fender kickers'.

Au contrare. I would think it encourages fender kickers, those who are not in the market but like eye candy by placing unnecessary calls, State the price. It is done. Those not interested will scroll down. "Call for price" is a broker ploy.

I guess the broker got tired of hearing, "Over valued.", Too much." or perhaps "You are forked up"

Last edited:

Attachments

• beebe.jpg
    beebe.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 36
Double fiberglass hull with Air-X core

Ted

Ted, thanks for this. Can you provide any more details, and where did you find this out? Description above includes the entire hull, just above the waterline or just the superstructure. Does anyone know by whom and where was she was built? I'm very curious, but cored hulls scare me a bit.

It was in the listing specs. That is the only info I have on it.

Ted

Is anyone else put of by the distorted photos in this listing? I guess they use some kind of fish-eye lens (or whatever it's called) to make everything look bigger. I guess it lets you see a little more context, but I find it disorienting.

wide. angle lens, only way to capture enough in the close confines of a boat
almost every boat ad in history is this way.
not an visually attractive boat, but it totally looks like a go anywhere and do anything boat. I have seen it in person ( exterior only) once and it was a well put together " utilitarian" vessel.
HOLLYWOOD

I agree. A wide angle lens make the interior look a whole lot larger.

Just gotta say/show... IMO; wide angle is not necessarily necessary! Less. o' corse... ya wanna make it look different that it actually is... ?? These are an ol' cell phone's camera.

Attachments

• Stbd Rear Salon w-Mstr Strm Door Open.jpg
    Stbd Rear Salon w-Mstr Strm Door Open.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Close Up Fwd Strm.jpg
    Close Up Fwd Strm.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Coffe Anyone.jpg
    Coffe Anyone.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Craig, Taune, Linda Morning Coffee.jpg
    Craig, Taune, Linda Morning Coffee.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 36
Ted, thanks for this. Can you provide any more details, and where did you find this out? Description above includes the entire hull, just above the waterline or just the superstructure. Does anyone know by whom and where was she was built? I'm very curious, but cored hulls scare me a bit.

Home built by the original owner in a warehouse in SoCal. Launched in 1997, completed in 2001. Airex cored boats concerned me as well . . . until we researched, then purchased our boat. Cored hull is from keel to gunnels. Not sure about pilot house.

Home built by the original owner in a warehouse in SoCal. Launched in 1997, completed in 2001. Airex cored boats concerned me as well . . . until we researched, then purchased our boat. Cored hull is from keel to gunnels. Not sure about pilot house.

Thanks to Ted and Conrad, I did find the "Air-X cored FG" statement. No more detail there. I researched Air-X core as well, so I'm not sure why your research gives you confidence. In addition to the quality and mixing of the chemicals, the structural integrity of the cored hull depends entirely on the skill of the builder, and plenty of variables there. It seems like a pretty demanding lay-up drill with all kinds of possibilities for error leading to lamination problems. And how would you really know short of taking lots of core samples? I suppose ultrasound could be revealing though I'm not sure how practical that would be. Ah well.

Here’s something interesting, saw these when we took a break from the St Petersburg Grand Prix. Roger Penske’s Feadship Podium, and then this Great Harbour 37, so just about 200 feet shorter.

Attachments

• 2BA7AAB5-59F6-4B64-BF37-87E8A0BEDCE2.jpg
    2BA7AAB5-59F6-4B64-BF37-87E8A0BEDCE2.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 01BFCFC0-C93A-4AAF-B368-F199EC259FE2.jpg
    01BFCFC0-C93A-4AAF-B368-F199EC259FE2.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 35
I may have put this up before, but it is still interesting and now for sale in the Netherlands at a good price given the times.

Attachments

• image (5).jpg
    image (5).jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 43
I may have put this up before, but it is still interesting and now for sale in the Netherlands at a good price given the times.

What is it? How to find the sale ad? Thanks.

Thanks. Yes, I found it on Yacht World under the name. Interesting to say the least. I don't know what a Vetus engine is. Going to have to look that one up.

Vetus engine of 210hp it is a base of Deutz engine marinized under the name VETUS.
Interesting boat

I have a boat savvy friend/Captain in that town who will probably do a "first impression" inspection for a few pieces of silver if anyone is seriously interested.

I was thinking it was a bit high given the lack of "boat"
Half a million in Oz dollars

Last edited:

Is the layout similar to yours? It's an intriguing boat, but looks sort of cramped inside for more than a couple. It's hard to visualize how that raised settee would feel & how it would transition to the salon area and galley. I love the efficiency & simplicity.

Here's an odd one: Mumby 47' aluminum power cat with what looks like an afterthought sailing rig tacked on.

https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/2019-mumby-catamaran-motorsailer-8176211/

Very strange layout as well - almost looks like the aft deck and pilothouse weren't fully finished; no real dining area that I can see. The hull looks amazing, and I imagine it's extremely efficient (claimed 3000 mile range on 350 gallons, which I understand was achieved by running a single engine; props are feathering).

United Spirit in Stockholm.
Not a trawler or anything like a trawler.

I include it here because I was simply stunned to read that it was built in 1938/9(!!!) They've certainly given it some pretty impressive "face lifts" over the years.
2,750,000€

Curious that they don't provide more and better photos of the engine room...

https://www.superyachtsmonaco.com/sales/united-spirit
Edit: If you scroll down a little on the monaco site, you will come to a picture with left and right < > arrows. These will lead you to many more pictures (but only one of the engine room).
DO MAKE SURE TO SEE THE HELM PHOTO...

https://www.blocket.se/annons/skane/united_spirit_classic_one_off_yacht/99265790
You can paste the text into Google Translate...

Last edited:
That's a crazy length-to-beam ratio on the United Spirit.

Back
Top Bottom