Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardude01 View Post
Yeah someone needs to buy that.

Would look better without the fly bridge. [emoji41]

Edit: Just saw it is located in the Caribbean. That's interesting. Not many pocket trawlers in the Caribbean due to the rougher seas I would guess?
Dude,
Seen that boat i think and never seen a Horizon before w a FB so I'm suspecting it was an add on. Good bones if a survey is positive but a rough looking boat. Corrosion in the ballast or bad blisters could ruin this "deal" but if all the unforseen stuff is good yes a good deal. Being repowered is a good sign.

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:36 PM   #4082
Al
Guru

City: ketchikan, Alaska
Vessel Name: 'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Model: 1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
IMO: On a pleasure boat... looks ain't everything, by any means! Comfort and fun and views while cruising are very important parts to the "pleasure" boat equation.
Absolutely!!
Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:01 PM   #4083
Guru

City: Pender Harbour, BC
Vessel Name: Gwaii Haanas
Vessel Model: Custom Aluminum 52
Art, that is so true. I know about what you speak.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:45 PM   #4084
Guru

City: Kitimat, North Coast BC
Vessel Name: Badger
Vessel Model: 30' Sundowner Tug
30' Sundowner Tug with many new upgrades;

For Sale: 1983 Sundowner Tug
Old 03-23-2017, 08:31 AM   #4085
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin

COMBAT PATROL VESSEL - $290000 (Tampa)

FOR SALE: DEMILITARIZED COMBAT PATROL VESSEL

Unique opportunity to purchase a military vessel that is designed and custom-built of advanced composite fiber for special operations forces. It has the structural integrity to be dropped from a C130 aircraft and deployed in combat by the U.S. Navy SEALs.

This is one of only two vessels designed and manufactured by Revenge Advanced Composites LLC, former tenant of seller. The first vessel was successfully procured by the government for $5,620,210. Due to a management and investor fall out, Revenge Advanced Composites went out of business in 2012; and through a lengthy tenant eviction process we ended up taking possession of the second vessel, with a clean transferable Florida Certificate of Title in hand.

View Original Contract

The engines and weapons systems were removed prior to our taking possession of the vessel. It was originally designed for twin MAN R6-800 Diesel engines and could be refitted with the same for approximately $130,000 or a less expensive propulsion system as an alternative.

This multi-million-dollar one-of-a-kind military vessel is now available for purchase for only $290,000. Reasonable offers will be considered. The United States Navy has been formally and properly notified of the sale of this vessel on the open market as a liability safeguard due to the proprietary and stealth technology associated with the watercraft.

The vessel is located in the Tampa Bay area, and is available for inspection only upon addressing security issues and vetting of any prospective purchaser. Note also that the sale and transfer of ownership of this watercraft is contingent upon formal notification to the U.S. Navy, Homeland Security, U.S. Customs Agency, U.S. Coast Guard and the local law enforcement agency of the purchaser.

Serious Inquires Only.

</SPAN>
Attached Thumbnails
Trawler - Pleasure Boat!.jpg  
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:49 AM   #4086
Guru

City: Victoria TX
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet PY/SP
And we want to give our military another 54B to spend ? [emoji25]
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:52 AM   #4087
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Mr. A. What kind of anchor does it have?
Old 03-23-2017, 09:11 AM   #4088
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
Greetings,
Mr. A. What kind of anchor does it have?
Atomic anchor... blows hole deep enough in ocean floor to create mooring forever!

Funny thang! Moments after posting here I went back to CL to copy the link to add to my TF post... so you all could visit to see other photos of it. It's primary photo was still on CL but copy was not and a "flagged" notice was showing. I went off CL for a few more minutes and when returning I could find hide nor hair of the ad or picture I posted here.

Ya think DT Jr. bought it for his personal toy! lol
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:19 AM   #4089
Curmudgeon

City: Stoney Creek, MD
Vessel Name: Moon Dance
Vessel Model: 1974 34' Marine Trader Sedan
Now, THAT'S a Fast Trawler!
BaltimoreLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:52 AM   #4090
Guru

City: Satsuma FL
Vessel Name: No Mo Trawla
Vessel Model: Hurricane SS188
Quote:
And we want to give our military another 54B to spend ? [emoji25]
The $54B is for aircraft carriers and nuclear submarines.....not trawlers or even fast trawlers. The enemy....they are out there!
Donsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:19 PM   #4091
Guru

City: Victoria TX
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet PY/SP
Yes, we have enemies, but we already spend so much. Seems crazy. Didn't mean to get political. My bad.
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:28 PM   #4092
Guru

Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post

COMBAT PATROL VESSEL - $290000 (Tampa)

FOR SALE: DEMILITARIZED COMBAT PATROL VESSEL

Unique opportunity to purchase a military vessel that is designed and custom-built of advanced composite fiber for special operations forces. It has the structural integrity to be dropped from a C130 aircraft and deployed in combat by the U.S. Navy SEALs.

This is one of only two vessels designed and manufactured by Revenge Advanced Composites LLC, former tenant of seller. The first vessel was successfully procured by the government for $5,620,210. Due to a management and investor fall out, Revenge Advanced Composites went out of business in 2012; and through a lengthy tenant eviction process we ended up taking possession of the second vessel, with a clean transferable Florida Certificate of Title in hand.

View Original Contract

The engines and weapons systems were removed prior to our taking possession of the vessel. It was originally designed for twin MAN R6-800 Diesel engines and could be refitted with the same for approximately $130,000 or a less expensive propulsion system as an alternative.

This multi-million-dollar one-of-a-kind military vessel is now available for purchase for only $290,000. Reasonable offers will be considered. The United States Navy has been formally and properly notified of the sale of this vessel on the open market as a liability safeguard due to the proprietary and stealth technology associated with the watercraft.

The vessel is located in the Tampa Bay area, and is available for inspection only upon addressing security issues and vetting of any prospective purchaser. Note also that the sale and transfer of ownership of this watercraft is contingent upon formal notification to the U.S. Navy, Homeland Security, U.S. Customs Agency, U.S. Coast Guard and the local law enforcement agency of the purchaser.

Serious Inquires Only.

</SPAN>
expensive price, accommodation in Sweden only 200 000!

https://shipsforsale.com/en/ships-en...-ships_9_helga

https://youtu.be/YsFvxLTDdaQ
North Baltic sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:56 PM   #4093
Al
Guru

Vessel Model: 1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Quote:
Yes, we have enemies, but we already spend so much. Seems crazy. Didn't mean to get political. My bad.
There is an opportunity to reduce that concern and save your and MY tax dollar. Report to your nearest Naval military yard and request a 50 caliber with 'Marine Mount'. Do your part, be involved with your neighborhood reserve marine protection detail.

Al-Ketchikan
Old 03-26-2017, 03:36 AM   #4094
Guru

Real giants, 26 feet aft cabin sd, sleep 4-7, Made in Norway, In many larger boat, learning how space is used!!! Max speed about 16 knots and max fuel consuptions 4,3 gal/hours = 3,8 nautical mails for gallona. This boat is very seakeaping.

Walk around video

Sea trip video

And baltic sea force 5

And where you need a bigger boat? I looked at this video and I asked myself. Realy cool summer cruising...

Old 03-26-2017, 05:17 AM   #4095
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Couldn't they at least include an operable, legal 50-caliber machine gun with the boat?
Old 03-26-2017, 11:00 AM   #4096
Guru

City: Gig Harbor
Vessel Name: Kinship
Vessel Model: North Pacific 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Baltic sea View Post
expensive price, accommodation in Sweden only 200 000!

https://shipsforsale.com/en/ships-en...-ships_9_helga

https://youtu.be/YsFvxLTDdaQ

OK, that looks like it would be a ton of fun. Likely pretty efficient at trawler speeds but....

I can see a lifting crane for the dinghy on deck, a few lounge chairs....

Dave
SPOT page
dhays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:37 AM   #4097
Guru

UK build trawler, Ficher-Fairway 38, salty look!

http://www.pryachting.se/BoatPres.asp?id=160

Old 03-28-2017, 01:09 PM   #4098
Al
Guru

Looks much like the Fisher 37. I wonder if this is a model/builder change much as the Camano 31 to now Helmsman 31.

Al-Ketchikan
Old 03-28-2017, 02:08 PM   #4099
Guru

City: League City, TX
Vessel Name: Pelago
Vessel Model: Wellcraft 3300 Coastal
Al,

Fisher did offer a trawler for a while in addition to their motor sailor line. The 37 is still available from a new builder on a custom basis.......[emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]
Old 03-28-2017, 02:12 PM   #4100
Al
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryM View Post
Al,

Fisher did offer a trawler for a while in addition to their motor sailor line. The 37 is still available from a new builder on a custom basis.......[emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]
We have on in our harbor, the owner extended the cockpit by 4 feet. It really added both looks, function.

Al-Ketchikan