Finally ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wifey B: I love following this thread just for the exposure to another language, Australian. :rofl:

I think Selene's are so often not discussed as much as they deserve. I really like them, while totally not my kind of boat. But I see them as great boats with their owners so happy with them. :)

You feel very serene, on a Selene... :whistling:

:D

For those that may have been wondering about my comment.......

Big bloody posts on the OUTSIDE of the pontoon so you either need a short boat and thrusters to slot in between posts or have barge boards set up ready for them
Or
Enough tankage not to bother getting fuel there.

I hear your frustration Simi. While I never used that fuel dock you describe, the one at our marina, at Horizon Shores, did the same thing for some crazy reason. Nasty black creosote-stained piles, with not much length of dock between them, so unless very careful, just a light bump on one of them left a nasty black mark along the rub rail, or in our case, the timber capping rail. A real pain, and so unnecessary as far as I could see. :facepalm: :mad:
None of the marina berth fingers were constructed like that. I believe they are now working on a new fuel dock.

Ralf,
Yes I know Lagertha very well. I knew her previous owners Chris and Judy. My boat builder mate Doug Fielding looked after her for the last 5 years or so.
A great boat. I am moored just a few pens down from her in Mackay.

So sad I missed out, but extremely happy to have Adagio

I hear your frustration Simi

No frustration here.
If we fill up in Brisbane we could do 3500nm in theory
No need to bother with HB
Singapore perhaps? ;)

It was an issue when we were running out of water and would buy 1000 plus litres of diesel to take on 2000+ litres of water but we now have a watermaker so the 2500 litre water tanks are topped up every 3rd day.
Can stay out a looong time

Last edited:
Yep nothing like large fuel tanks and a water maker.
As I always said, you can make water but you can't make diesel.
When I put the RO unit on Tidahapah about 13 years ago I cut my water tanks in 1/2 so that I could increase my wine and beer storage. Then ran the water make frequently. Much better for them and you never pickle them.

Back
Top Bottom