Fibreglass trim on fly bridge of GB32

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grand Molly

Looking for help. I have a 1981 Grand Banks 32. On the flybridge there is a fibreglass trim, that is colored to look like teak, on the sides that appear to connect the panels around the seats. Some photos attached to help.

I am looking to replace the trim and wondering if anyone knows where I can source the material. I've contacted Grand Banks and they could not help.

If anyone has an idea of where I could source this it would be much appreciated.
James

Attachments

• IMG_1064.jpg
    IMG_1064.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1065.jpg
    IMG_1065.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 17
Are you saying that the cap rail pictured is fiberglass?

I have the same trim pieces on my Concorde but they're real teak. I'd just make new ones of wood. Teak, mahogany, etc. Or PVC trim lumber. That would be plan white and never need refinishing.

I would make out of teak. I would be easy if you have z access to basic wood shop equipment and can find the teak you need which is now quite expensive in the area of $50 per board foot. I have some similar trim on my GB which is original from 1990 unfinished.

Real teak may be too expensive but Menards stocks a Philippine mahogany that looks pretty nice bright finished. You'd have to keep up the varnish though, it turns black if left to weather. That's why I suggested the pvc. It's fairly cheap, works like wood and is maintenance free. Probably wouldn't look out of place in this application.

Back
Top Bottom