Do you Sous-Vide?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Mr. L_t. "...same in usage is the same in both language:" I am at a loss trying to think of anything that your picture would describe other than lazy smelly cat. SURELY you can't mean THAT! What word DO you use to describe your dear suffering wife?

Greetings,
Mr. L_t. "...same in usage is the same in both language:" I am at a loss trying to think of anything that your picture would describe other than lazy smelly cat. SURELY you can't mean THAT! What word DO you use to describe your dear suffering wife?

Damned Mr RTF this is a leopard! A feline girl with a strong caracter, you can caress her but make a mistake and she will rip your balls off! That's what I mean :eek: :D

Damned Mr RTF this is a leopard! A feline girl with a strong caracter, you can caress her but make a mistake and she will rip your balls off! That's what I mean :eek: :D

Wifey B: Oooh. I like that. You get to live now. :rofl:

Sounds like a couple cougars I know.

Wifey B: Something tells me that may not translate.

Cougar: An older female who is on the "hunt" for a much younger, energetic, willing-to-do-anything male. :D

And if it's a man after the younger female we call him a "dirty old man"? That doesn't seem fair. Guess my hubby was one. He was 30 and I was 21. :blush:

Wifey B: Is this all a result of us eating sous vide? :)

It was good last night. :)

Greetings,
OK. I'm glad THAT'S settled. Back to sous-vide please.

giphy.gif

Holy smokes!!
How much air pressure does it take to blow that doll up?;)

Sous vide cooking became "flavor of the month" due to a cooking "reality" TV program here.
I`m yet to recover from the time my long departed mother opened the pressure cooker too early. Not easy retrieving food items from the kitchen ceiling.
For Christmas I got an egg/ovoid/kettle/ovenish propane bbq for home. Experimenting and learning with it is enough for now.

Greetings,
So I guess the bottom line about SV is, some do and some don't. I suppose if you ask "What is the best way to cook...whatever" you will most probably get 50 different answers from 5 people. Much will depend on what they ate as kids, ethnic, geographical and even religious background as well as cooking experience and what foods and cooking utensils/appliances are available AND the season.
I have the enjoyment of living with a beautiful woman for whom I have been making meals for for 45+ years BUT when asked "What would you like for dinner..." I will put money on the fact that the response will be "Whatever you feel like making". NO WAY I am going there so method of meal preparation is usually determined by what is in the cupboard, the fridge or the freezer.

G "What would you like for dinner..." I will put money on the fact that the response will be "Whatever you feel like making". NO WAY I am going there so method of meal preparation is usually determined by what is in the cupboard, the fridge or the freezer.

Wifey B: Ours goes with me asking what he wants for dinner and he says, "anything is ok with me, what do you want" and I tell him, "I was thinking xxx" and so that's what it is. Occasionally he'll toss in an idea but only if he's not feeling well or something does he ever say no to my idea. :blush:

I sort of left out the part that a lot of time now it's not us so we do whatever others want. We even give in periodically to pizza when the young girls want it.

Wifey B: Oh, that's one too. Do any cook pizza on the boat or at home? :) Assuming you can't sous vide it.

Wifey B: Ours goes with me asking what he wants for dinner and he says, "anything is ok with me, what do you want" and I tell him, "I was thinking xxx" and so that's what it is. Occasionally he'll toss in an idea but only if he's not feeling well or something does he ever say no to my idea. :blush:

I sort of left out the part that a lot of time now it's not us so we do whatever others want. We even give in periodically to pizza when the young girls want it.

I'm definitely not a young girl and I want pizza!!!
Bruce

Greetings,
giphy.gif

Of course. Really simple. Thin pita pockets, sauce, toppings all on a cookie sheet and into a 350F oven for 12-14 minutes. The pita freezes really well if necessary. Is also great minus the pizza stuff for tabbouleh and hummus which is also simple to make...

Yes I cook pizza. I do my own pizza dough it is really not difficult. I am lucky enough to have a wood oven on the patio to cook them and after that I use the remaining heat in the oven to do some gratins. Cooking with wood fire is really nice.

Not souls vide but home made pizza dough and cooked on the BGE... yum!
Bruce

Attachments

• IMG_0561.jpg
    IMG_0561.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 31
We have an outdoor pizza oven at home. It has a payback of approximately never but the young people love it and when we have cookouts, it's another option for those who want it. Kids also love just being able to put anything they want on a pizza. I've see hot dogs on them. One decided it needed ketchup. Some things don't work out so well and pizza hits the trash but it's fun and those trying to can create some great pizzas.

However, we've never tried to make pizza's on board, only by phone.

Not souls vide but home made pizza dough and cooked on the BGE... yum!
Bruce

Bruce if you like to do pizza on the grill, we switched from the BGE to a Blackstone pizza oven... leopards the crust cooks in half the time and is ready to go in less than 10 minutes.

Great idea wifey B , sounds fun. Moreover Janice is like my sister !
What would be the dress code ?? :angel::D

Sadly OTDE is like an empty shell :ermm:

You need to sign-up to get into OTDE. Four letter and more letter off-color words are permissible! If you dig it... :eek:

I am sous viding beef short ribs tonight, but in light of the thread creep regarding other cooking methods, I thought I might recommend what we call a Benihana table -- for Japanese style teppan cooking. We like it so much, we have one on the boat and one at home. Lots of fun to cook up fried rice, some vegetables, and meat. And really tastes great, even though we never sous vide the ingredients first.

Bruce if you like to do pizza on the grill, we switched from the BGE to a Blackstone pizza oven... leopards the crust cooks in half the time and is ready to go in less than 10 minutes.

The reality is that using the BGE for pizza is challenging. We get close to really good but never quite achieve perfection...
I'd love a Blackstone pizza oven but my wife has forbidden me from purchasing anything else for now. Remember, I did convince her that a new boat was a good idea! Give me some time and I'll see what we can do.
Bruce

The reality is that using the BGE for pizza is challenging. We get close to really good but never quite achieve perfection...
I'd love a Blackstone pizza oven but my wife has forbidden me from purchasing anything else for now. Remember, I did convince her that a new boat was a good idea! Give me some time and I'll see what we can do.
Bruce

What are you using to cook your pizza on? Metal plate or stone plate?

Back
Top Bottom