Dickinson propane oven install

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lostsailor13

Vessel Name
Broadbill
Vessel Make
Willard 36
Picked up older 2nd hand oven at an old marine salvage and consignment store for short cash hopefully finish install tomorrow,gonna try my hand at making homemade bread

Attachments

• 20211228_175956.jpg
    20211228_175956.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 24
Looks good! I wish I had marine salvage places near me.

Hi LostSailor:

Nice fit. Does your boat have an existing propane locker or are you creating one?

Cheers,
Mrs. Trombley

A full instal would l include a sniffer in the bilge and a bottle solenoid , or a hand wheel to shut off the propane when not in use.

A bright red light in the galley when gas is on and a mechanical 2 hour timer can defeat kids playing.

Propane is a delight , compared to a noisemaker operating.

Nice find. Our boat had the original (30 year old) propane stove and oven when we bought it. When we started prepping for long term cruising and living aboard I thought it would be one of the first things we would replace. I spent a couple hours taking it apart a little, just to thoroughly clean it up. We have been cooking full time on it for for the last couple of years and love it. It looks almost like new, works flawlessly, is extremely efficient, and requires no electrical power so we love it at anchor as well. We take precautions with the propane, of course, and love it. Being at a marina now most of the time, I will admit a nice conduction stove top is tempting, but knowing we will travel again I plan to stick with the propane.

Last edited:
I would urge you to either have it installed by a certified ABYC installer or at the very least, get a copy of the ABYC requirements for a marine propane system and follow them to the letter.

Propane is great for cooking, but it is only safe when all the requirements are met.

Where is your marine salvage? I may need to shop for stuff. We live in Vermont but transit to Cape Cod a few times a year. I also want to do a propane range upgrade, just have a cooktop now, but plan to upgrade the system to current safety standards.

Back
Top Bottom