Comodave update 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Dave
Happy to see you back in action.
I always found you knowledge and experiences quite valuable.
Please keep them coming.

Being a moderator is a thankless gig. As most board members are aware, moderation issues are handled privately so they don't become the focus of the board and generally this works well. The down side is that mods are sometimes stuck in the middle of a food fight that most members are not aware is underway. Burnout is real. Welcome back Dave.

Being a moderator is a thankless gig. As most board members are aware, moderation issues are handled privately so they don't become the focus of the board and generally this works well. The down side is that mods are sometimes stuck in the middle of a food fight that most members are not aware is underway. Burnout is real. Welcome back Dave.

Is there any upside?

Is there any upside?

Yes. Mods keep the forum on an even keel and understand that what they do is important. This is the reward. Public service. These are the same folks volunteer to sit on Boards, help old ladies across the street, pick up trash dropped by others, and offer their time for the greater good. The reward is a good result.

Altruism is alive and well and we see it at TF daily.

:flowers:

Yes. Mods keep the forum on an even keel and understand that what they do is important. This is the reward. Public service. These are the same folks volunteer to sit on Boards, help old ladies across the street, pick up trash dropped by others, and offer their time for the greater good. The reward is a good result.

Altruism is alive and well and we see it at TF daily.

:flowers:

As moderator for Willard Boat Owners group, I find it's a great outlet for my enjoyment of boating as a hobby, and general sense to help fellow boaters, especially Willard enthusiasts. Over the years, I've met or talked to many Willard owners and learned a lot. It's been mostly fun, though as Janet insinuates, a few bad-apples can really be a downer. WBO is mostly void of those.

Peter

As moderator for Willard Boat Owners group, I find it's a great outlet for my enjoyment of boating as a hobby, and general sense to help fellow boaters, especially Willard enthusiasts. Over the years, I've met or talked to many Willard owners and learned a lot. It's been mostly fun, though as Janet insinuates, a few bad-apples can really be a downer. WBO is mostly void of those.

Peter
Sometimes (not often) it's the demeanor and attitude of the mod, who should never be a mod in the first place. Again, a thankless job.

However, there are very few of these bad apples on both sides. Postings are supposed to be entertaining, knowledgeable, and fun.

Well that, and a lucrative pay and benefits package.

Right? :lol:

Seriously though, thanks to the mods - it is a valuable service indeed.

FYI My mod pay is in iCurrency...
As in Imaginary Currency.
Being you cant see it or touch it, its not reportable !

OK, mods, enough already. I just sent each one of you an iE-Transfer from my 2B win the other night.

I actually was the winner, but I immediately deposited the $2B in my FTX account, so I'll be keeping my '79 CHB after all.

You can do both, I did, but you walk a fine line, which "flattens" what you say. So you are nicely freed up now. Once when I got controversial,someone said "well I didn`t expect that post from a moderator". At that stage I`d already resigned and was having trouble getting the resignation accepted.
Have fun! There is life after moderation. And of course, take all things in moderation.

I actually was the winner, but I immediately deposited the $2B in my FTX account, so I'll be keeping my '79 CHB after all.

Now, unfortunately, you are on the hook for the income tax for the $2B, which can only be partially offset by the FTX losses . . . might have to sell that '79 CHB after all, well, unless you can call it your only home!:D

Was it Confuscious or some other Wag who said:

"Practice Moderation in all things, Especially moderation"

pete

Now, unfortunately, you are on the hook for the income tax for the $2B, which can only be partially offset by the FTX losses . . . might have to sell that '79 CHB after all, well, unless you can call it your only home!:D

Fun Fact: You do not pay taxes on lottery wins in Canada.

FWIW. :)

I will not discuss moderation so please don’t ask. But I appreciate the welcoming messages.

Discussing mod stuff is similar to discussing politico stuff. Both are No, Nos!!

I was asked in HS if I'd be a hall monitor... walking with my girl friend... we laughed all the way to where I hid beer on ice in a cooler. :dance:

Glad you can relax now Dave!! :thumb:

Oh geez. Well Kevin says Mexico is nice; I think I have enough diesel in the tanks to make it to Ensenada at least...

Boating forums in general are always tricky because most of the really salty and experienced members are usually older... meaning very stubborn and set in their ways.

Boating forums in general are always tricky because most of the really salty and experienced members are usually older... meaning very stubborn and set in their ways.

Get off my lawn ya damn kid!

Crint Eastwood, right..? :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom