Case in point on boat prices today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amazing story! Glad you both are survivors! There will be no bad days going forward, only less than optimal. Congratulations on the new boat when it happens. Life is short; look forward; treasure your remaining days!

Ted

Oh damn! Glad y’all are ok (well, mostly ok). And congrats on the boat, hopefully.

Last edited:
Glad you are both relatively safe, heal quickly and good luck with your sea trial and closing!

Thank you Adopo,

Your story adds a perspective to many of these posts which help someone like me focus on why we are here. Life is short and we only get so many trips around the sun, sometimes that number may be made shorter by things outside of our control.

At 32 I'm probably one of the youngest people on TF, and since 2016 I've been reading and absorbing many of your posts while starting our journey on the water. We are currently full time on a Uniflite 36 as the 'starter boat'. It's platform to learn and enjoy without much potential downside. After this will be something with longer legs to take us back to the places we visited briefly while working on cruise ships and would have liked to linger in.

Those people in their 30s and 40s who will buy your boats one day have similar desires to you, to explore and appreciate places rarely seen. There will be steady demand until the price of fuel becomes so great that power cruising is unfeasable.

Art, it is encouraging to see the enthusiasm with which you tackle this new business. Especially when many of your peers would be retiring.

BandB and WifeyB, I've always found your posts intriguing. Thank you for sharing a perspective which is unique and yet humble.

If anyone has ideas about how to play the game of 2-foot-itis during the Covid price bubble I'm all ears. Yachtworld and Craigslist sure have me hooked on the idea of upgrading (until I look at the asking!)

Thank you Adopo,

Your story adds a perspective to many of these posts which help someone like me focus on why we are here. Life is short and we only get so many trips around the sun, sometimes that number may be made shorter by things outside of our control.

At 32 I'm probably one of the youngest people on TF, and since 2016 I've been reading and absorbing many of your posts while starting our journey on the water. We are currently full time on a Uniflite 36 as the 'starter boat'. It's platform to learn and enjoy without much potential downside. After this will be something with longer legs to take us back to the places we visited briefly while working on cruise ships and would have liked to linger in.

Those people in their 30s and 40s who will buy your boats one day have similar desires to you, to explore and appreciate places rarely seen. There will be steady demand until the price of fuel becomes so great that power cruising is unfeasable.

Art, it is encouraging to see the enthusiasm with which you tackle this new business. Especially when many of your peers would be retiring.

BandB and WifeyB, I've always found your posts intriguing. Thank you for sharing a perspective which is unique and yet humble.

If anyone has ideas about how to play the game of 2-foot-itis during the Covid price bubble I'm all ears. Yachtworld and Craigslist sure have me hooked on the idea of upgrading (until I look at the asking!)

Howdy Chris... Welcome Aboard the Good Ship TF!!

Totally refreshing and uplifting to read about, by hearing from, a 32 yr. old that is obviously enamored of boating [i.e. marine doings]; and, who plans to "Dive-In" deeply for years to come! You Go!!!

2-foot-itis is virtually incurable... until you clearly realize and mentally visualize/design exactly what you want to receive from a boat. Then we can chose the correct boat size, shape, model and layout to fit our needs apparent.

Uni you have is a great piece of production boat manufacturing... we had a 31' 1973 sedan sport fisher with fly bridge. It was pre blister days that eventually bankrupted Uniflite. Govt ordered, Vietnam era, fireproof gel cost resin mixture was the culprit. Who knew???... Till some years had passed and a riled-up Uni ownership retail market eventually filed a class-action law suit that punched a knockout blow into Uniflite's bank account.

One of my "new business" endeavors [platforms] to not allow liquid hydrocarbon fuel to become unaffordable... while also making it a Full-Cycle Carbon Neutral energy source. I'll send you a PM.

Regarding retirement: Not In My Vocabulary! My little brain is like the engine that could. It wakes wide eyed and jumping ready nearly every morn between 3:30 to 4:30. This morn was 4:10. It's now 7:29 and I've been on computer for 3 + hrs.... no immediate break in sight - cept to get another mug o' coffee! Yee Haw!!

So... when young my first biz began in 5th grade... I've not looked back since; except to learn from my and others mistakes and successes. When I was young... grade school thru to 43 yrs. +/- old... I always wondered why most of my friends were way older than me. Now that I'm about to hit 70... I know why most of my friends and associates are pretty well younger than me. Every hour I spend heavy-weight lifting in my gym [down the hall from my office - 3 to 4 times a week; 1 to 2 hours each]... I thank God that I have never felt tied down by my age on the calendar!

Regarding TF, and, this as well as other of my posts: TF is my "mental resting place" that is always available when I'm on computer letting my mind expand into business or on studies. It's calming... It's boating... It's about marine life!! What's not to love!!! :D :speed boat: :dance:

Last edited:
Yup, but my guess is that loving work is uniquely American.

No. One of my favourite truisms is by Steve McQueen :-

" Racing is Life. Anything before or after is just Waiting! "

Yeah, if you are a Petrolhead, he got that right! :thumb:

I love life! I love my family!! I love to think and create!!! I love to build things!!!!

Therefore, I simply love to work... because all four positions require some sort of effort; i.e., work!

And, Oh Yeah... I love to workout in my weight lifter gym-room. Another proof of my loving to work!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom