can anyone recomend a good captain in Blaine Wa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

magna 6882

Guru
Vessel Name
Intrepid
Vessel Make
North Pacific/ NP-45 Hull 10
Hi Guys
I am thinking i should hire someone with experience to spend a couple days with us training .I am smart enough to know i don't know what i don't know.
Thanks everyone for so much help.

Give Northwest Explorations a call in Bellingham. They are in slow-gear right now and could probably help you out.

You can talk to Pau Hana and see if he is available. There is also Jack Defriel, he will pop up if you do a google search for delivery captain. Both good guys that you can trust.

Capt Jack Defriel is awesome. He brought my NP 45 down to SFO from blain. Pm me and I’ll send you contact info. He’s in Seattle area.

Thanks guys
What were thinking of doing is running from seattle to blaine with the motorhome and park in an rv park then stay in blaine for several days until we are absolutely comfortable and someone with knowledge gives us the go ahead.

Looks like a NP at the transient dock in Blaine now having some work done on it, is that yours or is yours still in Canada?

Looks like a NP at the transient dock in Blaine now having some work done on it, is that yours or is yours still in Canada?
Thats a guy who was taking delivery in california then decided to keep it in canada for a year and with the covid they cant take it up. There were a few minor changes and hooking up a stereo when i saw it. I think there talking there time since it isn't going anywhere soon.Ours will be at the quest dock this week or next. Then they will be installing the radar ect.

CHECK REFERENCE.
The recommended Captain I used to bring my N46 down from Long Island NY to Ft Lauderdale was a friggin drunk. I’d go down to sleep and he would start popping beer cans. To pee, he would open the upper gate and pee over the side, when I was asleep. If he fell overboard while the boat was on auto pilot, I would have no idea when or where to search for him.

Jack DeFriel is getting ready to take an Egg Harbor 60 south from Seattle to Southern California.

Northwest Explorations is a great idea. The key is to get a captain who is good at training. Few delivery captains have that skill, which involves having an agenda/curriculum, verbal and written proficiency, ability to assess the students' starting point etc.

Find the right person and it will be the best money you ever spent on boating.

Last edited:
Jack DeFriel is getting ready to take an Egg Harbor 60 south from Seattle to Southern California.

Are we talking about White Squall the Egg Harbor 60 just down the dock from you? I almost bought that boat 10 years ago. Makes 30 kts if you got the fuel budget.

Are we talking about White Squall the Egg Harbor 60 just down the dock from you? I almost bought that boat 10 years ago. Makes 30 kts if you got the fuel budget.

Yessir! White Squall was sold in December, and I'm the contracted boat watch till she heads south (expected any day).

She is a great sportfisher!

Just an update. We have made arraignments for training with captain Randal Parsen at the dreamboat company. He can see our boat from his office.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom