Best boat breakfasts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good Morning,
a good morning starts with coffee (nice and hot delivered by mr. Cloney ;-)) and some tea for my wife. She has fruits with porridge and yogurt and I put 4 eggs, some bacon and some veggies to good use.
That is a perfect start in a brilliant boating day

I'm pretty simple....
My Admiral only needs coffee, so for me my typical breakfast is:
Coffee
Oat Bran Muffin (my recipe)
Avacado
That's it.
If more time, or later in the morning, cereal.

====
Occasionally, I'll mix up a shake, especially if I have fruit that needs to be eaten... now.
====
Fresh fruit is always a favorite, but often for a snack underway, or with a breakfast.

====
On the hook, or at marina, will occasionally make a "full" breakfast for both of us. Waffle, eggs, some meat for the Admiral (I'm not a meat person), usually mid morning brunch.

Rarely will we do something really fancy.

I eat the same thing every day on the boat or at home for years at a time. When in port or with a friend, I'll go out for breakfast.

Currently its a smoothie with:

A banana

Oatmeal

Activia

Honey

Cinnamon

Almond milk

Add a hard boiled egg (bought 6 to a bag already peeled), 2 shots of Nespresso, and a glass of orange juice.

Ted

Good on ya Ted! My b’fast smoothie for years has been blueberries, pomegranate juice, protein powder, ice, water. In my single years I was a fresh ground Italian roast French press coffee snob, but my coffee now comes from a Nespresso. And I hate to admit it, but it’s pretty good!

Tak

Fruits and Grains, yogurt. Simple fast and filling. If we are in port or already have the Genny running for another reason we will toast a bagel or two.

Lunch (although you didn't ask) is usually sandwiches, crackers and cheese and whatever fruit we have on board.

Supper we go a little more elaborate. Usually fire up the grill for steaks or chops, sometimes brats and burgers, and the stove for veggies, potatoes or boiled corn.

We realy eat well, but KISS (keep it simple sailor)

pete

We often make breakfast burritos on the boat. Eggs with some onions and peppers, throw in some ham or bacon, warm up a couple of tortillas in a skillet, then roll them up into a burrito with some salsa, avocado and cheese. Easy clean up and only the propane stove is needed so no generator required in the AM for that meal. If we are moving that day, then we usually just have some coffee on the flybridge once we pull up the anchor and get moving, and later maybe a granola bar.

We used to make big family breakfasts at home, but with the girls away at college, the only time we make big breakfasts is when on board Kingfisher. Our standard boat breakfast is eggs (sunny side up or over easy), either bacon or sausage, toast, and French press coffee...dark and mysterious. If we're at anchor, the Captain cooks. If underway, the Admiral is our chef.

37822350581_d195c09730_b.jpg

Last edited:
I rarely eat breakfast at home, but on the boat I would have to say my favorite is pancakes and crispy bacon with real maple syrup. One trip, we forgot the syrup and had to suffer through a concoction I made up. Combination of Bailey's and dark rum!

Well it's true that we "forgot the syrup", my invention was a tasty alternative and something we may try again some day! Soaked right into the pancake and tasted amazing.

Don't usually do breakfast, more in favour of a 11am brunch and no lunch.

At least once a month we go with the homemade yoghurt, pancakes, smoked bacon and honey

Attachments

• IMG_20170203_103754.jpg
    IMG_20170203_103754.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 22
Over the last few weeks we have had an abundance of big tiger prawns and Golden trevally, so done in panko breadcrumb and shredded coconut with hand cut potato wedges done on the BBQ

Attachments

• FB_IMG_16004649892591788.jpg
    FB_IMG_16004649892591788.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 19
At other times its blue swimmer crab scrambled eggs on home made bread

Couldn't find a pic of the chorizo and kale frittatas, must disappear to fast for a picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20170522_095148.jpg
    IMG_20170522_095148.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
breakfast

when moving, diet coke, coffee cake and a banana. when staying put, bacon, egg and cheese sandwich and a bloody mary

Don't usually do breakfast, more in favour of a 11am brunch and no lunch.

At least once a month we go with the homemade yoghurt, pancakes, smoked bacon and honey

You forgot to mention the screwdrivers! (best part)

Usually cup of joe first. after that, as most say, depends on whether its a moving day or not.
Non moving day could be anything from cereal with a banana or raisins to eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and toast, or pancakes.

moving day is usually a banana at the helm.

Wifey B: Melon and berries....that's our other breakfast when we don't want eggs or waffles. :)

Best breakfast I've ever had on a boat:

We moved up to the flybridge after dark. First, played around in the hot tub, then laid down on an airbed. Nothing else visible as we cruised off shore but the moon and stars above, perfect for champagne and strawberries dipped in chocolate and making love for hours.

Then as the sun came up, we just laid there watching it rise so beautifully, not moving until someone brought us some berries, soon followed by a breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausage, and wheat toast. For some reason we were hungry, but we didn't move off the mattress until the sun was up and the eggs arrived. :D

I like breakfast but the best breakfasts aren't defined by the food, they're defined by the location and the experience. I remember taking a plate full of eggs, bacon, sausage, and toast up to the bridge as we got ready to enter Glacier Bay. It was cold up there but I realized then what all the hoopla was about. I'd seen my first glaciers a few days before but this beauty was so incredible still. Soon everyone was up top, no one wanting to miss a minute. :)

As boaters, we all eat breakfast in some of the most incredible places and are so lucky. I try to fully appreciate it all.

As an aside, do you eat breakfast every day? Do you eat the same foods or vary it? Is it always traditional breakfast or can you surprise us with some of your choices?

This just isn’t fair.

Ok, I’ll fess up. We have coffee and Belvita crackers. Since we normally make love all night long every night it’s all we have the strength to prepare. It’s tough getting older. Used to be we only had to stop every other day.

Well this took a turn, didn't it? lol

Ok, I’ll fess up. We have coffee and Belvita crackers. Since we normally make love all night long every night it’s all we have the strength to prepare. It’s tough getting older. Used to be we only had to stop every other day.

Wifey B: And that's why your shoes get stolen. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom