2009 Integrity 346 ES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The sternthruster is obvious to anyone, it`s what`s to the left of the sternthruster that concerns me. I know what a mirror is but can`t see one.

bateau-nautica-36-europa-9160192-yb.jpg

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A flat back of a boat or a ship is called the mirror.
Traditionally, a pry hole is usually made in the transom of a mirror sloop to be able to move the sloop with a pry belt. Modern mirror sloops usually no longer have this facility, because the art of prying is rarely taught.
The transom of a mirror ship is often painted and decorated with a coat of arms. Behind it are usually the captain's quarters and the guest quarters.
In addition to ships with a closed transom, there are also sailing ships with an open transom, such as the Tirion28 and the VQ24.

Mvg,

Pascal.

Thanks. I`m sure everyone on TF will refer to the transom as a mirror in future. Thank you, or Wikipedia, so much.

Thanks. I`m sure everyone on TF will refer to the transom as a mirror in future. Thank you, or Wikipedia, so much.

I don't think so :rofl:, but it's a name in the Netherlands for the back of the boat.
It comes from the past, so it is a historical name that is still frequently used.
The ships from around the time of the VOC (1600) are also called mirror ships, characterized by the stern.
Mvg,

Pascal.

Useful observations! That area to port on the transom looks, as Dave the mechanic at my last marina would say "festered". Doing my best I can`t see plugged screw holes on the teak decking, maybe on the last(?first) one adjacent to the cabin which is sometimes fixed, so hopefully it`s all glued not screwed. I didn`t think the ER looked too bad, I liked the instruments fitted on one engine(? both) but, almost any ER benefits from a clean up.

Yes, the Murphy Gauges are a good inclusion, giving pressures and temps right at the source, eliminating potential loss along the pathway to the helm control gauges, eg. numerous terminal connections, also while doing engine checks while underway with the IR temp gun.

I've seen the boat yesterday. This is indeed an anode.
Besides, the boat was not in the shape I expected. So I'll keep looking for another one.
I was surprised to see that the engines exhausts were located on the sides instead of the transom. Are you familiar with that? Can that be an issue in rough seas?
BTW the dimensions in the add are wrong. The beam is 4m instead of 3,8 and draft is 1,4 instead of 1,6.

Besides, the boat was not in the shape I expected. So I'll keep looking for another one.
I was surprised to see that the engines exhausts were located on the sides instead of the transom. Are you familiar with that? Can that be an issue in rough seas?
BTW the dimensions in the add are wrong. The beam is 4m instead of 3,8 and draft is 1,4 instead of 1,6.

Brokers often get the dimensions incorrect, especially with boats they aren’t familiar with.
I’ve seen older Halvorsens with the exhaust at the sides, but right aft near the transom. More importantly the arrangement where the exhaust pipe leaves the exhaust riser and the amount of “fall” it has to the exist point and water level is more important. Tony Athens from sbrmar has very informative info on this matter.
Realistically your journey to purchase could be long, compromise will be part of that. Good luck :thumb:

Sorry to hear that. I found the IG to Integrity transition so easy. Took me 3 years to find a replacement for the IG,incl a failed contract on an Integrity 426.

My exhausts exit either side just fwd /on the "corner" of the transom. The IG were in the transom. I`m unaware of any issues arising. Possibly more exposed in the transom in following seas?

Thanks. I'll be patient and keep looking. Problem is that there are fewer boats of this kind in Europe than in Australia or the US.
Could you let me know how to add a picture of the boat in my profile?

Thanks. I'll be patient and keep looking. Problem is that there are fewer boats of this kind in Europe than in Australia or the US.
Could you let me know how to add a picture of the boat in my profile?
I suggest asking a Moderator/Site Team member to help add a pic to your profile.

Our boat has the exhausts on the side instead of the transom. Other than the exhaust gets the sides dirty I don’t see any downsides. And when the exhaust comes out the transom the transom gets dirty so not much difference. One possible benefit is maybe less fumes getting drawn up into the cockpit from the station wagon effect, maybe?

Back
Top Bottom