Unsolicited spam?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaskaProf

Guru
Vessel Name
boatless, ex: Seeadler
Vessel Make
RAWSON 41
I received a private message on TF advertising what seems to be a yacht broker. Is this normal?

Ditto here

Same here.

I suggested they become members of the commercial section and post there. That said how did they get our PM. Mods???

I received a private message on TF advertising what seems to be a yacht broker. Is this normal?

I got one of those also. Mixed emotions about it. One the one hand, I consider it spam. But on the other hand, it is the only private message that I have ever gotten on TF. So that gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling. :)

Bill

But on the other hand, it is the only private message that I have ever gotten on TF. So that gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling. :)

Bill

Be careful what you ask for...:dance:

I got one of those also. Mixed emotions about it. One the one hand, I consider it spam. But on the other hand, it is the only private message that I have ever gotten on TF. So that gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling. :)

Bill

It is still spam and should be reported to the mods so they can take the appropriate actions.

I did too and reported it.

I guess the message was clear to the TF support team

I suggested they become members of the commercial section and post there. That said how did they get our PM. Mods???

Any user can PM any other user. This isn't a hidden feature and you're account is not hidden.

How to send a PM

1) 'right-click' <user_name>
2) Select "Send a Private Message to <user_name>".​

In the future, rather than calling out the site team as though there's been some transgression, just reach out to someone from the site team and ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom