Suspicious Seller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tang

Veteran Member
I have been approached by a new member, via PM. Zero posts, just registered, who has the exact thing for sale that I’m looking for. Member details show city as New York, State as Alaska and country as Canada.
Should I be suspicious?

It was a rhetorical question. I tried to find a report mechanism on the site to alert the moderators but couldn’t find one. The seller is Bill001. I apologise to Bill (even though his gmail starts with Chris) if I am wrong. The internet has made me cynical.

I guess my reply went awry.

If the contactor to you can't get locations correct then there is something suspicious.

show us, copy and paste the PM here or it did not happen.

do you see the triangle in your post, there is one in PM too. click on it to send to moderators for their action.

show us, copy and paste the PM here or it did not happen.

do you see the triangle in your post, there is one in PM too. click on it to send to moderators for their action.

I can’t see a triangle on the forum post but can see one in the DM so I have reported it.

Here’s a copy of the text.

Today, 12:50 PM
Bill001
Display for AquaMeter Ensign 735
Hello,I have the Display for AquaMeter Ensign 735 for sell.dm me for more details..dchris8725@gmail.com

And here’s the text from the members profile.
Trawler Forum: Members List Search Members
User Name Reverse Sort Order Posts Vessel Name Vessel Make/model City or Town State/Province Country
Bill001 0 New York Alaska CANADA
Showing results 1 to 1 of 1

Thanks for reporting. We’ll deal with him.

Please report any suspicious private messages. The scammers are out there, in force.

Last edited:
Larry, I see he is scraping paint and currently doing a PM. Is this correct, PM is still possible while scraping paint?

Back
Top Bottom