No mobile app frustrations (I know it was turned off)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mncruiser

Vessel Name
Phoenix
Vessel Make
Mainship 390
Yes I'm aware the mobile app has been discontinued.

Yes, I'm also aware there is a mobile view when accessing the page via the web.

I love this forum and have received so much advice and have developed many friendships here. This group of people have been great help and inspiration to me as a boater.

Whatever the reasons for turning off the mobile app were, the result stinks!

I'm an iphone user, and I've tried every view on the www page, and it makes this forum frustrating to use and simply unusable. The pop up adds that cover buttons, you aren't able to clear easily without opening whatever ad it is. I don't care about the ads, I get it.....ads=revenue that keep this running. The delivery is just horrible.

I've simply stopped coming here out of frustration, unless I'm on a laptop like this morning.

What will it take to get a mobile app back? I would gladly pay some amount of money each year to get it back, and my guess is you may find many that would feel the same.

I'm not an app developer, but I do work in tech and could help you find someone.....all I know is I miss this board, and the lack of a mobile app has been just frustrating.

Please let me know if there are any plans to fix this. I'll send you some $$$ if it will help!

Respectully complaining,

mncruiser

Why not just use the laptop anyway as a routine..? I can't be bothered frigging around trying to read anything much on a phone - use the MacBook Air as much as possible. Much easier when inputting, for sure. Failing that, it's pretty easy to navigate on an iPad. Just sayin'... :)

For what its worth, I can see TF on laptop, PC and phone without issue. So if you are having a problem it is at your end.

Whatever the reasons for turning off the mobile app were, the result stinks!

I'm an iphone user, and I've tried every view on the www page, and it makes this forum frustrating to use and simply unusable. The pop up adds that cover buttons, you aren't able to clear easily without opening whatever ad it is. I don't care about the ads, I get it.....ads=revenue that keep this running. The delivery is just horrible.

I cannot reproduce this behavior on my iPhone. Your phone may have adware inadvertently installed.

Let me guess. This is the ONLY place this is occurring for you??

What web browser are you using?

I cannot reproduce this behavior on my iPhone. Your phone may have adware inadvertently installed.

Let me guess. This is the ONLY place this is occurring for you??

What web browser are you using?

There is no adware, trust me. I usually do not filter advertisements, because they can be useful and are a revenue source for sites like these.

I filtered out all advertisements, and the problem is gone. This is on my Mac and iphone using both chrome and safari. Turn the ads back on (on a network filtering service not on the device) and the same unusable things are back.

It's not the device, it is whatever ad sources you have configured. Google is obvious, and when I use safari the rubicon project and adnxs. Easily blocked, but something changed that made them very agressive and makes the site not usable.

I see little / no ads on tablet or laptop (but they are android/ MS OS) as long as I'm logged in.

I do everything on my Android phone, and found the transition from the app unpleasant. I almost stopped visiting. But after some experimentation and patience the experience is OK now.

Don't give up.

Back
Top Bottom