Mobile App Changes / ELIMINATION

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
Pacifica
Vessel Make
Cape Dory
In the coming days forum access via the mobile app will be discontinued and we wanted to make you aware of some other options so that your surfing won't be interrupted.

Our forums software already has a mobile view with this same functionality. Use a browser to access the forum instead of the app. Transitioning to this view on smaller screens is straightforward and we'll add convenient links at the top of the page to help you navigate to the mobile-friendly view. You will find those links right at the top of the list of forums as you log in. Click the desired link to toggle the view.

In the coming months, we'll be moving to new software (exciting details soon) so this current change is a temporary one. Deprecating the mobile app has been a difficult choice but we are taking this step in an abundance of caution as security concerns for this aging platform increase. We take member privacy seriously and believe that the inconvenience caused by this change is outweighed by broader privacy issues. Thanks for understanding.

Example of new links location (coming in a few days):
Forum_app.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a mobile phone app for this forum?

Refer to the post directly above...

In the coming days forum access via the mobile app will be discontinued and we wanted to make you aware of some other options so that your surfing won't be interrupted.

Yes, but it's being discontinued..... so, there WAS...:blush:

Now I know why it was so flakey the past couple times I tried to use it.

Glad I stumbled onto the post.

There remains confusion and members unaware of the elimination of the mobile app.
Please be aware that the mobile TF app is no longer available.
TF can be accessed via the web from mobile devices using either the mobile (simplified) or desktop (more coomprehensive) views

Back
Top Bottom