Capcha Browser Checking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceK

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Sojourn
Vessel Make
Integrity 386
Why does TF keep doing this? Is it beset by bots? I don`t get it, I`m tiring of staring at tiny pics the size of a cat`s bottom looking for objects.

Never get that on the PC or Android.

Do you keep logged in or log out after every visit?

Suspect it could be the Botany Bay effect! :D

It`s a PC/laptop. I log in and out each time. It`s new, last few days only.
We live well north of Botany Bay,north of the Harbour too. BB is seeing lots of domestic airplanes fly over it as domestic air travel resumes. One runway actually extends into the Bay, others are close too.

Sorry
I don't understand what you are getting at, everything on TF is working fine here. I never log out though......:thumb:

Last edited:
Greetings,
I never log out either BUT almost every time when I return to peruse the pearls of wisdom I get a "click to log in" prompt. Just one click but still. I did have to play the captcha game once last week.

iu

Last edited:
Do you delete TF cookies each time?
I never log out of friendly sites. Cookies help the login at some sites.

Do you delete TF cookies each time?
I never log out of friendly sites. Cookies help the login at some sites.
Not a "sign in" issue. It`s when I hit "post". Says it`s checking my browser. Sounds a tad personal,I keep my 'browser" tucked away. Oh I see, not that kind of browser.

Happened just now when I sent a PM. Not a common issue,I gather.

And again. Thinks I`m a robot. Maybe I am. Or peed off with my Covid posts I thought were supportive commiseration.

Bruce, I absolutely hate those horrible "are you a robot Capcha things, but I have never encountered it with opening or posting in TF. However, like many others, I never log out. It might also be because you may be using an ad blocker. Many sites that make money out of ads don't like ad blockers. But first try just closing the TF window, without logging out. Does it remember your log-in details, like user name & password, or do you have to enter these each time..?

It`s a PC/laptop. I log in and out each time. It`s new, last few days only.
We live well north of Botany Bay,north of the Harbour too. BB is seeing lots of domestic airplanes fly over it as domestic air travel resumes. One runway actually extends into the Bay, others are close too.

Bruce,
Ahhh Botany Bay.... didn't know you live there. Brings back memories when I traveled to Sydney on my airline trips. I'd head down to Botany Bay and rent a windsurfer, believe it was close to Ramsgate Beach. Great times.

As for the Captchas, don't have an issue on TF. However, overall, I hate them, often hard to work and time consuming.

Greetings,
Mr. PB. In my case, I am using an ad blocker and I never log out when closing the window. My log-in details must be retained somewhere because the only "prompt" I see is "click to log in". The captcha incident only happened once...so far.

Mr. BK. As to your "...supportive commiseration...", no comment. Hmmmm....

iu

Thanks guys. I do log out, and I do use Adblock.

At one time I had hundreds of sites following me which I think came from using TF, and found ways to get rid of them, I can`t go back on that. You`ll remember Xsbank raising the issue that "All Cookies Removed" wasn`t true as plenty of them remained followers after logout.

Where`s Admin when you need them?
Capturing and posting a screen shot is above my meagre online abilities, unfortunately.

Bruce, if you're on a Mac, command>shift>4 brings up an icon like a rifle cross-hairs. You can then drag it around to just copy a certain part of the screen, or if you just leave it and press the enter button it takes the whole screen. A click on the space bar then places it on your desk-top, and you can access it from there to post. Try it and see. I'm a bit rusty as to howe to do it in W10, but I think it involves holding the Command, (or whatever the main button to left of the space bar is called), and the print screen button, then going to desk-top and hitting Command V (or whatever the 'paste' function is on W10), I think.

Thanks Peter but with my skills I`d probably delete everything on my PC. Hasn`t happened today, so far.....

Try my fool proof method for dealing with ridiculous captcha, close the whole damn window.

Bruce TF is set in the northern hemisphere. It is polarised in more ways than one. you need to invert your display and point the top to north for 3 days so it is climitised for the new update.

Bruce TF is set in the northern hemisphere. It is polarised in more ways than one. you need to invert your display and point the top to north for 3 days so it is climatised for the new update.
Maybe, but the geography hasn`t changed, TF has.:)

I've started getting them occasionally as well. My guess is that this "courtesy" is reserved for TF members connecting from foreign IP addresses...

I've started getting them occasionally as well. My guess is that this "courtesy" is reserved for TF members connecting from foreign IP addresses...
So it`s just "we dratted furriners". I had the tiny unclear boats & bicycles pics again yesterday. "Gee, is that a bike...I wonder."..squint squint.

Where`s Admin??Why are you doing it?

This may be related to your Capcha.
I have several computers in different places so I noticed that after recent windows updates, not to mention other app updates that only one computer would let me log in and go to the post of the thread email from TF.

No point searching the net as no answers there yet.
By trial and error on one comp I discovered that Ccleaner worked well in deleting cookies it did not delete before. These cookies used to remain untouched unless days went by before being removed.
Anyway, I turned off the auto cookie delete and found the cookies left. Any that said trawler forum got moved to leave this alone column.
presto, no more log in requests, click on email link go straight to the link.

Maybe your problems is similar.

I'm logging in from the same country as Bruce, yet have never had a Capcha thing thrown up - ever...? Maybe Janet might be able to enlighten..? I will report Bruce's fist post about this so it will catch her attention and that of the mods. Capchas are infuriating devices.

I never get Capcha on TF, and I run ad blockers. It may not be related to TF at all.

Google explains that a CAPTCHA can be triggered by automated processes sometimes caused by worms, proxy search traffic going through infected computers or DSL routers, or from some SEO ranking tools.Jul 10, 2007

I never get Capcha on TF, and I run ad blockers. It may not be related to TF at all.

Google explains that a CAPTCHA can be triggered by automated processes sometimes caused by worms, proxy search traffic going through infected computers or DSL routers, or from some SEO ranking tools.Jul 10, 2007
Could be. But it has TF all over the page, and the capcha id pics include boats.
I think my computer is fairly clean but you never know for sure. It started refusing to go to my email server, well before this, I found a workaround for that. The other possibilities are way beyond my abilities to sleuth. And, it`s only happening on TF, but seems less often now.

Maybe your internet service provider has some kind of infection if your TF problem is the second issue that has arisen. Probably worthwhile reporting both issues them.

Thanks Brian, but I`ve no idea how to report anything to Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, etc. They just do things, no answering back. And you have to agree to terms you never read, which likely include that if ever you want to complain, they can fill your mouth with quick setting cement and take your children to use for medical experiments.

Bruce, by ISP I mean Telstra, Optus, iiNet, TPG or whoever you get the service from.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom