Old 07-25-2020, 04:59 AM   #161
Guru

City: Gloucester, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRENE View Post
At some point I believe you indicated N was behind schedule, then indicated later that things were progressing quickly. At this stage, when do you expect your boat to arrive in North America?

Right, there were some issue at the yard causing slow progress, but that has been resolved and they are hopping along right on schedule now. Launch in Taiwan is expected in October, but is also dependent on having a booking on a transport ship. The boat launches, sea trials, then goes directly to get loaded on the ship, so they won't launch until about 2 weeks ahead of shipment. I then expect to see the boat in Florida (where we are commissioning) some time in December.

Old 07-25-2020, 05:03 AM   #162
Guru

GoldKey asked about the layout, and a drawing will surely describe it better than me. Attached is the GA (general arrangement) of the boat. There have been a few subsequent changes, but this is pretty close.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 6837 GA REV 8-pch.pdf (2.28 MB, 76 views)

Old 07-25-2020, 08:22 AM   #163

City: Malmö
Vessel Name: ABsolutely FABulous
Vessel Model: Greenline 33 Hybrid (2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedtree View Post
GoldKey asked about the layout, and a drawing will surely describe it better than me. Attached is the GA (general arrangement) of the boat. There have been a few subsequent changes, but this is pretty close.

Absolutely Impressive, Twistedtree!
2010 Greenline 33' Hull #54
Home port: Malmö, SWEDEN
Currently in: Gruissan, FRANCE
ScottC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 12:14 PM   #164

City: Irvine
Awesome, Thankyou!

Very interesting. Maybe my lack of experience/Knowledge, but not seen that Pilothouse layout before.
If I read the drawing correctly, the Pilot House has a "Watch Bunk", and a head but no shower?
The one thing that I know, is that you guys have had Tanglewood and put a lot of water under that keel to know what worked, and what you want for this boat.

What an amazing experience, and one that I hope and dream I get the chance to replicate...
In the interim, I am living vicariously thru you!
Goldkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 01:24 PM   #165
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldkey View Post
Awesome, Thankyou!

Very interesting. Maybe my lack of experience/Knowledge, but not seen that Pilothouse layout before.
If I read the drawing correctly, the Pilot House has a "Watch Bunk", and a head but no shower?
The one thing that I know, is that you guys have had Tanglewood and put a lot of water under that keel to know what worked, and what you want for this boat.

What an amazing experience, and one that I hope and dream I get the chance to replicate...
In the interim, I am living vicariously thru you!

I think our pilot house layout is a first. I think all others are a day head + desk in t port aft corner and a jump bed behind the settee, or a captain's cabin with a more complete 3/4 bath. The layout details vary a lot for the captain's cabin & head, but all provide the same two things.

The pilot house is where everyone hangs out when you are underway, so we wanted to make it as spacious as possible. No matter how we sliced it, we couldn't fit a cabin without unduly compromising the pilot house hang-out space, no we nixed the cabin. Then it came down to optimizing the space while keeping a day head and a jump bed. By swapping the location of the two (head aft of the settee, and jump bed in the port aft corner) from their more common locations, the jump bad became much easier to get in and out of, the space below the jump bed became easier to access, and the space below the settee became easier to access. Plus we got almost complete 360 deg visibility. It was a win-win all around.
Old 07-28-2020, 01:56 PM   #166

City: Irvine
Makes sense.
One of my fav videos on Youtube the the "Ivanhoe" N76 story of Tookie(Sp), and the shakedown voyage with his kids and grand kids.
The scene that warms my heart when they are all in the pilothouse, watching the progress.
That's my dream of perfection, and where I'd be, even if I was not piloting the boat.

Unless I am mistaken, it looks like when the N68 is ordered with the APH, the Galley is on the starboard side. With the FPH, it seems to be on the Port side.
I understand that the is no difference in size, but the Starboard side galley, always looks bigger than the port side galley.

I am also intrigued to know if the APH is 'much" nice riding that the FPH?

Goldkey is offline   Reply With Quote