Grand Banks 36 Headliner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fsarcone

Vessel Name
DULCE
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 36 Classic
My headliner is brittle a few tears where you grab the salon center handhold. I’d like to cut it out but first I would like to see what it looks like without a headliner. Pictures are great if anyone has done this.

I don’t want to remove the window valences & am interested in removing the liner & painting the salon ceiling.

Chances are they used a fairly low grade plywood to use as a backing for the headliner. You might cut some beadboard and put it up in place of the fabric headliner. It comes refinished so just cut to fit and install it. Or paint to your preferred color.

In our 36 there was no plywood backing. Just the headliner glued to the thwart ship ribs that are molded in to the overhead. I replaced the headliner with this bead board. "House of Fara w96wp" If you use google it will be available at home Depot only. Is PVC in 8 foot by 5 inch strips. Snaps together and looks nice. Could easily be secured to the thwart ship ribs with Velcro.
As an aside there is at least 1 pipe under the head liner that runs fore and aft to carry the wires to the mast. Sorry no pictures.

In our 36 there was no plywood backing. Just the headliner glued to the thwart ship ribs that are molded in to the overhead. I replaced the headliner with this bead board. "House of Fara w96wp" If you use google it will be available at home Depot only. Is PVC in 8 foot by 5 inch strips. Snaps together and looks nice. Could easily be secured to the thwart ship ribs with Velcro.
As an aside there is at least 1 pipe under the head liner that runs fore and aft to carry the wires to the mast. Sorry no pictures.

^This!

I've never seen a GB with a factory-installed wood ceiling. Liner only. Cigatoo replaced the original liner as others in the past. I have the original untorn liner. I stay away from it; don't even breathe on it! Good luck!

I have seen covered faom used as headliner material. It can be easily pulled down for access.

A new headliner is an easy repair for an automotive upholstery shop.

Back
Top Bottom