MS 400 Wash Down Repairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bay Retriever

Vessel Name
Bay Retriever
Vessel Make
2004 Mainship 400
My 2004 MS 400 does not have an anchor wash down in the bow anchor box. Would appreciate any suggestions on whether its an easy job for a weekend repair guy like me or better to have the yard techs handle at $85 hour.

Also have a leaky fresh water valve in the cockpit wash down box. I have attached some pics showing the leaky black valve.
IMG_3636.jpg

Here are some additional pics.
Adjustments.jpgIMG_3635.jpg

The best place I have found for Sea Tech fittings is Fresh Water Systems, they have a great selection. Here is a link: https://www.freshwatersystems.com/collections/seatech

I don't have a washdown pump on my 400, but wish I did, it's a project I've been kicking around for a few years now. I didn't know that MS ran them to the cockpit, I thought they just went forward to the anchor locker. That's pretty sweet to have it aft, but it seems like the anchor locker would be more important.

I think it would be pretty easy to T off of the pump and run pex hose forward along the waste tank then under the fwd bunk and up into the anchor locker. That's how I think I would do it anyway. I don't think it's worth paying a yard to do a job like that, but I'm also currently sitting at home with no work and no cash flow, so TIFWIW.

I struggled trying to figure out an easy way to install a wash down pump forward on my 34T. Aft was easy but access forward was going to be tough.

Finally realized I could just install it aft with the outlet in the cockpit and use one of the 50' collapsible hoses to get to the bow when needed. Easy peasy.

To answer your question about the leak, I bet it's a crack in the fitting. Easy to remove the fitting by depressing the ring that the blue Pex is inserted in and pull out. Then replace, not very expensive.

I too, wish I had a washdown at the bow. Not sure I really want to spend the time and effort to install a permanent solution, so I considered this item, Worx Hydroshot, which supposedly can draw from the water you are floating in to wash down the anchor. Does anybody know if this works as advertised? Easier than running plumbing.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 36
hi,

not sure it's the same, but i installed one on our 2003 pilot 34. i put a thruhull under v-berth and chain locker along with a pump. used regular hose vs the blue plastic pipe.

To answer your question about the leak, I bet it's a crack in the fitting. Easy to remove the fitting by depressing the ring that the blue Pex is inserted in and pull out. Then replace, not very expensive.

I too, wish I had a washdown at the bow. Not sure I really want to spend the time and effort to install a permanent solution, so I considered this item, Worx Hydroshot, which supposedly can draw from the water you are floating in to wash down the anchor. Does anybody know if this works as advertised? Easier than running plumbing.
There not Pex fittings The Black are Sea Tech 15mm fittings White are Sea Tech 1/2" fittings

My 2004 MS 400 does not have an anchor wash down in the bow anchor box. Would appreciate any suggestions on whether its an easy job for a weekend repair guy like me or better to have the yard techs handle at $85 hour.

Also have a leaky fresh water valve in the cockpit wash down box. I have attached some pics showing the leaky black valve.
View attachment 101752
I would Try and relocate that joint not sure why a PO would have done that, I am sure it has been knocked a number of times thus the leaking

There not Pex fittings The Black are Sea Tech 15mm fittings White are Sea Tech 1/2" fittings

Good to know...more than once I have purchased the wrong fitting and the store clerk wasn't much help.

Does anyone have a good online source for these fittings?

Funny, my anchor washdown pump, (Jabsco) stopped working last weekend, had to go below and I tapped on it at it woke up..I see there is a re-build kit out there but I will break it down to see what the deal is soon..

Back
Top Bottom