2007 Mainship34 Pilot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NautilusPJB

The nameplate on my 2007 Mainship34 Pilot reads "Mainship Trawlers Midway, GA." Friends with like boats tell me they were built in St. Augustine, FL. Does anyone know where they were built? Thanks.
Peter B

I think they were built in St Augustine but maybe the company headquarters was in GA???

The folliwing is From the history of MS file on my Bacchus website. Seems they produced in both locations but not sure what models / years were made where.
I think I uploaded this to the TF library.
"Mainship Boats Corporation [was] the leading manufacturer of production trawlers building 6 different models with many more on the drawing boards. Production is split between the St. Augustine facility it shares with the reacquired Luhrs Corporation and a new facility in Midway, GA."

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=101

Last edited:
Peter the plate on my 2004 34’ hardtop pilothouse says Midway Georgia.

Peter if you use Google maps and plug in the address 548 Industrial Blvd Midway Georgia this is the view you get. Thought you might find it interesting.

Attachments

• IMG_7908.jpg
    IMG_7908.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 17
At its peak, Mainship was making many models at the St Augustine plant, alongside the Luhrs production line. When the popularity of the Pilot series took off they were essentially "out of room."
Pilot production moved to Midway. Not being on the water these were the only models that could be delivered overland at reasonable cost and ease. The Midway plant had a test pool where they could "launch" a boat to run her up and check for leaks and such.
I toured both plants with the Yahoo Mainship group back in the day, as well as being a vendor to Luhrs/Mainship

:socool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom