Sp225 fuel pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drinkenbuddie

Vessel Name
Indian Summer
Vessel Make
Marine trader Europa 36
Hey I’m having a problem with the fuel plunger leaking diesel out of the top. Hard starting. Like diesel leaking back and when I pressurized the system with fuel bulb it leaking out of the top of the plunger and o ring looks smashed in there my other engine you can’t see the o ring and yes working. Brian says leaking somewhere on the suction side so I’m looking into that also. Just trying to get ideas. Maybe just getting another one?

You have already identified failed components and spoken to an expert.
Start by rebuilding or replacing the unit. It will be a multi-step process to identify all issues and correct them.

For the cost of a new lift pump you can replace it with an electric one, such as a Whalbro. You need to fabricate a plate to cover the hole - a piece of scrap with two holes in it - and run a wire from the panel to the pump to go hot when the key is on.

Makes bleeding a snap.

Alan & Darina on Sea Moose
Home again after 415 days on the loop
You Tube “The Adventures of Yorksie and Me’

Standard lift pumps are cheap and easy to replace. Spare arts inventory is the place to find one but as mentioned you can replace with an electric pump. And yes carry a spare one of those too.

For the cost of a new lift pump you can replace it with an electric one, such as a Whalbro. You need to fabricate a plate to cover the hole - a piece of scrap with two holes in it - and run a wire from the panel to the pump to go hot when the key is on.

Makes bleeding a snap.

Alan & Darina on Sea Moose
Home again after 415 days on the loop
You Tube “The Adventures of Yorksie and Me’

I think there is a stock cover plate from a Chevy engine. Don’t remember exactly what it was but maybe someone will chime in with the information.

Plunger

I think there is a stock cover plate from a Chevy engine. Don’t remember exactly what it was but maybe someone will chime in with the information.

Looks like the plunger screws off. Thinking maybe I can unscrew it and maybe cap it or replace the o rings to fix it?

My lines are small and don’t want to cut them more than I have. Small lines and not like my old ford Lehman 120 was.

Back
Top Bottom