41 President Sundeck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JGORT

Good morning anybody know approximately what the Fuel Consumption is with twin Ford Lehman SP 135’s

Welcome aboard. We had a Precident 41 with SP225s. It would cruise at 10MPH and burh about 8GPH. If I slowed down it would get better economy.

Welcome aboard. We had a Precident 41 with SP225s. It would cruise at 10MPH and burh about 8GPH. If I slowed down it would get better economy.

Thank You for getting back to me. We recently purchased this vessel and it has no fuel gauge. I am thinking about adding flow meters.

With that hull and those engines, you are likely to find that you cruise at a consistent 7.5 knots +or- .5 knots. Your fuel consumption at those speeds will be 4gph again + or -. That will mean that you want to add fuel after 50 to 75 hours running time. Once you have done this for a season, you will be able to predict the no of gallons at fill time, based only on no of hours running time. After you get this data, no fuel gauges will be needed.

With that hull and those engines, you are likely to find that you cruise at a consistent 7.5 knots +or- .5 knots. Your fuel consumption at those speeds will be 4gph again + or -. That will mean that you want to add fuel after 50 to 75 hours running time. Once you have done this for a season, you will be able to predict the no of gallons at fill time, based only on no of hours running time. After you get this data, no fuel gauges will be needed.

Interesting. Are you using a fuel meter now? Sounds like it would work.

My Honda Goldwing does not have a fuel gauge and I have been using the trip-meter to judge my fuel stops. The bike is 40 years old this year :) :)

Fortunately it also has a reserve fuel lever. On more than one occasion my engine would cough and I would have to flip it to reserve. I found when touring the back roads at 80KmH my fuel would last forever. On the other hand, I took it on the Autobahn once (because..bucket list!) and was shocked at how fast it sucked the fuel at high speeds. I *did* have to go to reserve on that run well below my normal odometer reading. That was the only time I went that fast on the bike.

I would still prefer a fuel gauge where possible.

Back
Top Bottom