Crowd sourcing weather interpretation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constellation1

Vessel Name
Constellation
Vessel Make
North Pacific 43
Greetings - here is a first for me, crowd sourcing weather info. My plan is to leave Key West tomorrow and head up Hawks Channel - through Moser channel to Marathon. I have a couple of newbies on board and don't want to beat them up too bad. Looking at my weather apps it doesn't look too bad to travel (although not a perfect day).

Weather seems to be all about interpretation so I thought I would ask a couple of you to take a look at the route and let me know what you see.

Thanks!

Den

Den,
Tomorrow does look a bit marginal. Under the influence of a High, just after that front went thru, you'll have some northerly wind flow that could make it a tad rough. Friday seems like a much better choice, especially if you want a good ride for your passengers.

I've spend a ton of time diving on Looe Key (about the half way point) and running up and down that area in small (~25') boats, but when the wind picks up it can get sporty.

Checked the NWS digital wx and shows 15mph winds and 2 ft seas for Thursday. Friday looks much better, but prudent to check again later today, it might lay down a bit. The aviation wind charts show the same.

Back
Top Bottom