Westerbeke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhack

Vessel Name
Miss Alabama
Vessel Make
Tradewinds
My friend has a gas powered Westerbeke 8kw i think, on his Cris Craft. His Fuel shut off soleniod has caught fire twice now. He cant figure out what the issue may be. Any ideas of what to look for?

They can overheat from age or not being adjusted just right. If the 2 new ones were back to back, I would say somehow the adjustment isn't correct.

Has he replaced it both those times? If so, look up the proper adjustment sequence in the manual or on the Westerbeke website (pretty sure they have legacy manuals online).

All considering the fuel solenoid you are discussing is the only fuel solenoid on the engine.

Last edited:
When the solenoid on the Westerbeke engages, it must close all the way to its stop and basically lock up. If the adjustment between the solenoid and the throttle arm is set such that the solenoid only travels part way, the solenoid will draw more amps and get extremely hot quickly.

My friend has a gas powered Phasor 8kw i think, on his Cris Craft. His Fuel shut off soleniod has caught fire twice now. He cant figure out what the issue may be. Any ideas of what to look for?
Sorry I corrected the post it is a Phasor

Thanks everybody......I will help him check the adjustment, sounds to be the issue since it was two new solenoids back to back

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom