Very sad.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if someone should install a solar operated pump to get the poor piggies some water supply.....or what kind of anchors are suggested for there....

Reports indicate they died from being fed rum and beer.

Greetings,
Mr. dw. Do you have a link to those reports please? The last I read/heard, autopsies were to be performed by local vets. Would appreciate the latest information.

"Greetings,
Mr. dw. Do you have a link to those reports please? The last I read/heard, autopsies were to be performed by local vets. Would appreciate the latest information."

Post #22 has it....

Greetings,
Messrs. dw & 477. Thanks. I've read the articles but there doesn't seem to be an exact cause of death noted anywhere. They fed them beer and rum is not a good thing but it was never cited as the cause of death. Maybe the results aren't published yet...

crazy-pig-drunk-funny-photo-600x330.jpg

It seems hard to believe an actual Caribbean pig forensic inquest will happen. I can believe huge sales on Big Green Eggs and Magma grills.

Greetings,
Messrs. dw & 477. Thanks. I've read the articles but there doesn't seem to be an exact cause of death noted anywhere. They fed them beer and rum is not a good thing but it was never cited as the cause of death. Maybe the results aren't published yet...

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. dw. The Bahamians I know wouldn't bother with any sort of fancy grills. A good grate set up on some stones does quite well. Something about the smell of burning palm adds to the ambience IMO. Since the pigs are such a tourist draw it wouldn't surprise me if a local veterinarian took it upon himself/herself to do a simple autopsy but you're most probably right. Cooking time mon...

Mr. g. Holy crap! Were YOU at that party too? I didn't think anyone had any pictures of me. That must have been 30 years ago now. I've still got that wristwatch. Is NOTHING sacred?????

I wonder if people would go fishing if fish had vocal chords and could scream as you raised them out of the water. Just adding to the nonsense.

I'm wondering if someone should install a solar operated pump to get the poor piggies some water supply.....or what kind of anchors are suggested for there....

A similar thing was done on Noname in the Abacos. The problem might be that the ground water around Staniel Cay isn't good enough for drinking and might need RO processing too.

Then again, it's not like a thousand gallons a day are needed. Some type of solar distilling of sea water would probably generate enough water for the few dozen pigs. A solar electric pump could do the backwash and flushing.

You know, if the cruisers in the Exumas right now gave up eating bacon for a week and donated that money to the effort, there would be an endless supply of water for the pigs forever. That seems very M.C. Escher-esc to me...

Group 9, JS is infallible,disagreement is futile.

Having the facts on your side often give you a winning argument. The moment you can only make personal snipes, it shows you have nothing left but blanks.

Well, this thread got stupid. What a waste. Moderators?

Time to clean house.

Time to clean house.

Here's what's strange...

ghost hasn't posted into this thread. At least I couldn't find one. Perhaps I missed it. He certainly hasn't been very active in it.

So out of nowhere, why would anyone jump in and complain about a thread? A waste? You mean all those bits are being wasted?

Forums are like cocktail parties. ghost, as a guest, would you walk in and tell the host to make one group talk about something else because you didn't like it?

The moderators need to show people who think every thread is made just for them how to unsubscribe from a thread. The stupid thing is that one guy complains and a thread is often shut down. What a waste...

Time to clean house.

Wifey B: Now you did it, you have Jeffrey coming after you. :popcorn:

Thread got stupid. You're right. Your post did that. What a waste. Right again, your post.

Mommy,mommy, mommy he's being mean. Oh, sorry. Yell for moderator and tell them time to clean house? You post every couple of weeks and now want to tell the moderators what to do?

Now for future reference. If you feel a post is bad or thread and want to communicate that to the moderators, you can do that in private, by hitting the report button and typing in your complaint. Posting it in the thread is just cheese and whine. So, now I just added another stupid post that's a waste, but I've been at sea now for 53 hours. That's my excuse. :rofl:

Reports indicate they died from being fed rum and beer.

Actually that is just conjecture from what I've read.

The autopsy showed they died of sand impaction due to lack of fresh water.

Which would be the pigs owners fault.

I was there a few days ago and there are plenty of pigs getting fatten up on the free food till they reach harvesting size.

Wifey B: Now you did it, you have Jeffrey coming after you. :popcorn:

Thread got stupid. You're right. Your post did that. What a waste. Right again, your post.

Wait a second...Wifey B is agreeing with me? Oh my...maybe there is a possibility of a Middle East peace.

Then Capt Bill11 replied too - I can't see his postings because he's blocked to me. But if he agreed too, then I've awoken today in an alternate universe. Perhaps March 1 has put us into a different dimension?

This makes more sense. Seems like it would take a lot of rum for a lot of pigs to cause that kind of outcome. I was raised around hogs like these and they never died from almost anything - except when we made sausage in the Fall.

Plus pigs are not very good at drinking games.

If I can make one point about this subject though...

If you were horrified with the idea that someone might have poisoned the pigs but then had bacon for breakfast...you're a hypocrite. Even if poisoned, those pigs in the Exumas lived a much better life than the one who screamed in fear before she was slaughtered for you.

I guess that makes me a hypocrite, but I see an important distinction. Poisoning serves no good purpose and probably makes the pigs suffer, while bacon for breakfast is most pigs highest calling and only reason for their existence. But for that, most breakfast pigs would never have lived in the first place. And who says they scream in fear before being slaughtered?

Wait a second...Wifey B is agreeing with me? Oh my...maybe there is a possibility of a Middle East peace.

Then Capt Bill11 replied too - I can't see his postings because he's blocked to me. But if he agreed too, then I've awoken today in an alternate universe. Perhaps March 1 has put us into a different dimension?

Wifey B: Well, still think you're a jerk so don't get carried away. :rolleyes: But did agree with you on that. I see threads with 200 posts and people in them saying they're stupid threads. Honestly, I need to come up with a stupid idea for a thread, but I'm too lazy at the moment. :)

Which would be the pigs owners fault.

I was there a few days ago and there are plenty of pigs getting fatten up on the free food till they reach harvesting size.

Wifey B: Poor piggies. What a horrible and senseless way to go. I never realized before that they needed a fresh water source. Makes sense, but I just never thought about it. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom