Split system A/C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eckcn17

Hello all!

I am looking to replace my 3 split systems in my boat. I have done self contained units before but I am looking for a little help with the split systems.

Electrical, plumbing and ducting I am not worried about, but with the refrigerant lines could someone suggest how that looks? Would I need to have the old system evacuate first, then install, then have the new system topped off? (the new units come with gas in them).

Any input appreciated, thanks!
Chris

Ask whatever manufacturer you are looking at.... many newer refrigerant systems have pre-filled lines and quick connects for DIY installs.

Ask whatever manufacturer you are looking at.... many newer refrigerant systems have pre-filled lines and quick connects for DIY installs.

CTM citimarine.

They are basically saying I have to have someone in their network with an EPA REGISTRATION install

That is why the self contained are so nice. You can do it your self. You will need someone with the license to draw down the old and fill the new system. Unless you old system has leaked out already.

Would you be reusing the existing refrigerant lines or installing new lines? I expect installing new lines would be very difficult, if not impossible. I expect in the end you will need someone with proper skills and equipment to at least verify everything is working correctly with proper pressures, etc. But there should be plenty of independent AC techs who can do that.

Back
Top Bottom