O ring for Groco ARG-2000 sea strainer cap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhays

Guru
Vessel Name
Kinship
Vessel Make
North Pacific 43
I am failing at finding what the replacements should be for the two O rings that are on the sea strainer cap for the Groco ARG-2000.

Can anyone help a confused old man?

Attachments

• PXL_20240516_011301578.jpg
    PXL_20240516_011301578.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 16
I called Groco several years ago and they sent me parts. Good service.

Groco offers a rebuild kit for their strainers, available through most retailers who stock parts. Basically it's all the orings. I kept one on the boat to cover any problems. I believe I added spare lid orings from a hydraulic store, as those were the ones most likely to get chewed up.

Ted

Dave, You need the ARG-3 service kit. See attached sheet for the ARG strainers showing all the part numbers plus service kits. You should be able to get the ARG-3 at Fisheries or SeaMar.

Attachments

• Groco-arg-series_6.pdf
    572.7 KB · Views: 27
I am failing at finding what the replacements should be for the two O rings that are on the sea strainer cap for the Groco ARG-2000.
Eugene, Oregon.
Anytime we need oddball O-rings, we head over to the Caterpillar dealer.
This shop also analyzes oil, coolant, and other automotive fluids.
Their pump division sets injectors and injector pumps, too.

Dave, You need the ARG-3 service kit. See attached sheet for the ARG strainers showing all the part numbers plus service kits. You should be able to get the ARG-3 at Fisheries or SeaMar.
Thanks. I've got one coming. I noticed today that the strainer itself is leaking and not just the cap. This will be my first time taking about the sea strainer. I'm expecting it to be a simple job that ends up being very difficult as is typical for me.

Thanks. I've got one coming. I noticed today that the strainer itself is leaking and not just the cap. This will be my first time taking about the sea strainer. I'm expecting it to be a simple job that ends up being very difficult as is typical for me.
Oh, don't feel bad, it's not you. All boat jobs are like that....

Back
Top Bottom