New Boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MND

Hello all,
I'm new to this site. I don't have a trawler as of yet. My girlfriend and I are just starting to look at Trawlers. And I must say we're a bit overwhelmed at the number of and different styles of Trawlers.
We are looking for a Trawler in in the 40 - 50ft range.
Any recommendations? We would like to travel the Loop, and eventually venture further.

Thanks

Welcome to the site, there is no shortage of advice an opinions here. Aside from a boat capable of doing the great loop, what are your preferences and goals for the boat. No boat is perfect for everyone but you can certainly find a boat well suited to you needs if you can figure out what is important to you.

Welcome aboard. What boating/shipping experience are you coming from. I had a canoe and a punt before I boat a GB42, but I had been driving around a bunch of different warships; so, I felt, OK I can do this. My, oh, my how I would have benefitted from the internet and this site back in 1986!!

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. I would suggest you start by going aboard as many different styles and types of "trawlers" as you can post haste. Since you don't know what you don't know, you have to know at least a bit...
Walk the docks. Talk to anyone and everyone. Perhaps a "trawler" is not the best match for your wants (to be determined) and needs (also to be determined). Did I mention, visit marinas and walk the docks????
Perhaps take a road trip and...yes, walk the docks and talk to people.

I might add, IF you're a total newb, enroll in some United States Power Squadron courses. (USPS) https://www.usps.org/index.php/sss-boating-courses Most probably available near you. Lots of fun AND good venue to talk to people. Did I mention.....

iu

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom