Nautley Dinghy Ramp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwasko

We're purchasing a new-to-us 38 with no dinghy and are looking at options to mount one on the swim platform. The dink is one of the smaller AB UL's - very light weight with a 6HP Yami. So we think the best bet would be to have a davit system where we could just pull it up on the platform sideways and not get into a fancier system.

The Nautley Dinghy Ramp caught our eye and it looks like a great option. I emailed the company and called them several times - no replies to my emails and they don't answer the phone.

Anyone have experience with them or their product line? Are they still in business? I'm really reluctant to order a system without having a discussion with them to make sure which specific model best meets our needs or whether they're actually delivering products.

:)jwasko greetings. For your light weight dinghy, the Weaver system could be a
good choice, just a thought.
Stay safe Will

I have the Hurley H2O system mounted on my swim platform and have been very happy with it. Our dinghy is an AB 310 10Hp Tohatsu 4S

:)jwasko greetings. For your light weight dinghy, the Weaver system could be a good choice, just a thought.
Stay safe Will

Thanks Capt. Considered the Weaver, but then we would have to deal with the outboard - either get one of those gizmo's that keeps the OB upright as you tip up the dink or pull it and stow it in the cockpit. We were thinking the Dinghy Ramp with the rollers would allow us to pull it up or push it off more or less horizontally and use a couple of straps to tie it down.

We also looked at the Hurley's and others, but none of them had the rollers which seemed like a desirable feature. My main concern is whether Nautley is a going concern, or a gone concern.

I have the Hurley H2O system mounted on my swim platform and have been very happy with it. Our dinghy is an AB 310 10Hp Tohatsu 4S

Oops my bad. I looked that the H2O again and now see the recessed rollers. Thanks for the feedback - for some reason, I missed them when I had looked in the past. My AB9UL/OB is probably 140# all up so seems like it would be pretty easy to handle with the H2O. What kind of a strap arrangement are you using to tie your AB-310 down?

3 straps total, 1 off the bow eye to the deck. 2 straps at the stern, one from the stern eye down to the deck and the second one over the tube and then attached down to the deck. Hurley had suggested this diagramed lashing sequence and potentially adding a 4th strap over the bow tube if running in heavy seas. I do add the 4th if heavy weather is anticipated. I fashioned a very simple block and tackle to hoist the boat up the ramp and onto the swim platform. Takes me about 5 minutes to secure the dinghy

3 straps total, 1 off the bow eye to the deck. 2 straps at the stern, one from the stern eye down to the deck and the second one over the tube and then attached down to the deck. Hurley had suggested this diagramed lashing sequence and potentially adding a 4th strap over the bow tube if running in heavy seas. I do add the 4th if heavy weather is anticipated. I fashioned a very simple block and tackle to hoist the boat up the ramp and onto the swim platform. Takes me about 5 minutes to secure the dinghy

Thanks, sounds like Hurley is a heck of a lot more responsive than Nautley. I'll follow up on the H2O.

whatver you do just make sure it's lashed well!
A few weeks back I was home sick and got sucked into watching some of those boats in the Miami inlet videos....
one guy passing through on a good sized boat with a big dingy on the platform....he's on the fly bridge, the dingy washed off and floated away....he had no idea and just kept going!

:facepalm:
whatver you do just make sure it's lashed well!
A few weeks back I was home sick and got sucked into watching some of those boats in the Miami inlet videos....
one guy passing through on a good sized boat with a big dingy on the platform....he's on the fly bridge, the dingy washed off and floated away....he had no idea and just kept going!

Lott'a lessons to be had in those Haulover vid's...

jawasco,

You may want to look at Trick Davits. We used them on the NP 39. At the time they were offering a discount to Trawler Forum members. We had a #117 dinghy with a 15 hp 2 stroke Tohatsu. Your set up looks to be a bit lighter.

I am right across the river from you. PM me if you would like more information.

Rob

Would also like to add that the company was very responsive. I lost a pin overboard and called to order a replacement and spare. They were sent gratis.

Of course since I had a spare I never lost another one. Very happy with the company and service.

Rob

jawasco,

You may want to look at Trick Davits. We used them on the NP 39. At the time they were offering a discount to Trawler Forum members. We had a #117 dinghy with a 15 hp 2 stroke Tohatsu. Your set up looks to be a bit lighter.

I am right across the river from you. PM me if you would like more information.

Rob

I found an old thread 5710 on the Trick Davits. Thanks, I'll check them out.

I remember your 39 - we chatted once or twice at Coecles when we had our Europa. I see you're moving up and we're moving down.

Back
Top Bottom