JD 4045 fuel filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff F

Guru
Vessel Name
Escapade
Vessel Make
50` US Navy Utility trawler conversion
I've just acquired a new boat, and it has a M75 motor, ~ 1600 hrs. I think it's perfect for the boat and my needs.

I'm in Sarnia Ontario getting ready to head for a couple of hundred miles of open water, and want to get a pair of filters for the motor before leaving. I have a good switchable Racor system and a few 10 micron filters. No evidence of bad fuel, but want to be prepared.

I'm assuming that the same filters are used in the non-marine versions. I'm in farm country. Will call around tomorrow, but can anyone offer guidance? Part numbers? Cross references?

Thanks.

I've talked about the boat here if you're curious.

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52583

Part numbers are on the filters and if you have two secondaries, they are both different. I get filters on line and at a farm tractor store. They are the same for ag and marine. To make sure you get the right ones, give them your engine serial number.

I have a 2011 4045TFM/75 and its filters are:

Secondary fuel- 10 mic RE 521248
Final fuel RE 520842

Last edited:
I have the same John Deere 4045TFM75. Wix makes filters for them and are relabeled for NAPA. Usually get mine through Fleetfilter.com. Wix also makes the oil filter.

Ted

Local NAPA had them, cross reference from installed. Easy.

I had about ten hours of rolling in beam seas, and a bit of bashing head seas later on. Things got stirred up. Have replaced two Racor filters based on vacuum increase in ~30 hrs. Lots of gunk, but manageable. I have the fancy dual filter manifold being discussed in an adjacent thread and it's very accessible.

Reminds me of a question I wanted to ask. New thread though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom