How you know you married right......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

klee wyck

Guru
Vessel Name
Domino and Libra
Vessel Make
Malcom Tennant 20M and Noordzee Kotter 52
We became grandparents for the first time around a month and a half ago. We are currently spending some 'quality time' with the newborn before we head to Mexico next week to meet our new vessel, DOMINO, the ocean catamaran.
About 1:30 in the morning last night I wandered back out into the living room to see how nana was doing with the newborn and caught her reading a copy of the 4th edition of "Voyaging Under Power" while the infant slept peacefully in her lap.
Yep.....I done good!
(the 4th edition has a couple of sections on DOMINO which she briefed me on!)

Yes sir, you chose wisely!!

And congrats on your new boat. How will you maintain 3 of them?

(Actually, the fact that you can own 3 boats at a time further cements your excellent choice of a wife...)

How do you know your wife wasn't the one who married right, after picking you? ;)

Ted

Yes sir, you chose wisely!!

And congrats on your new boat. How will you maintain 3 of them?

(Actually, the fact that you can own 3 boats at a time further cements your excellent choice of a wife...)

She did draw the line at two. We sold Klee Wyck this Summer, a few months after buying Domino.
Two is still a very tall order to maintain but we will do our best. There is always some project or update under way or on the drawing board.

She's a keeper!! :) :)

How do you know your wife wasn't the one who married right, after picking you? ;)

Ted

Ha! She cried for 6 months straight after marrying me but that is a long story about a suburban girl moving to a farm and rural community I hope. I do think she has come around to your point of view though, Ted. Time has been good to us and this decades old partnership is the greatest of the treasures for sure.

My old motorbike racing chum Ivor had a bumper sticker I really liked. It read :-

" Be Smart - have your Grandchildren first! "

After 35 years of marriage First Mate and I were having a disscussion re why we got married. We both had troublesome childhoods with a violent parent in my case and indifferent parents in her case. We married when I was 21, she 19.

We both confessed we married to get away from home.

53 years later we still enjoy being together:)

When wife said “I’ll live on a boat and be with you anywhere…but we must have a house to come home to”I knew I was a very lucky guy. Used to ride. Wife hated knocking helmets. So she took a course got a M on her license then did the Tail of the Dragon, Cabot,Surgis and many iron butt rides on her own bike. I’m a lucky man. We talk not yell, we never go to sleep angry, we have no secrets, kiss and hug in the morning and before bed. I’m a lucky man. She’s my true companion and I do my best to be hers.

Those are all great wife stories. My wife has zero interest in boating. However, she has been fully supportive of me cruising the last five years while she works and brings home the health insurance.

Ted

Those are all great wife stories. My wife has zero interest in boating. However, she has been fully supportive of me cruising the last five years while she works and brings home the health insurance.

Ted
Same here.

Everyone hopefully finds, not perfect, but perfect for them. I was far too shy to ever think I had a chance with my wife but she saw something in me that had been so repressed and hidden and I saw something in her that most men did not. We went beneath the surface and now 21 years later it's still growing every day. As to boating, I'd always loved it and she immediately fell in love with it. Looking back, I know that anything I loved she would automatically and things she loves, I do also. By sharing, we've added so many things we both love over the years. We became Captains together.

This weekend we're far away from home and from our boats, but another love of ours we're sharing together. Have to change into our costumes in a while.

Wise

Ted

Now that is what I call a wise choice!

The Wife and I were cruising home after a trip down the coast when the Coast Guard pulled me over. They told me that she fell overboard 10 miles ago. Thank God I told them. I thought I was going deaf.

Ted

I can sure relate to this, my wife is hooked on teaching young college kids. She enjoys day trips but cruising for 3-4 weeks is not her thing.

My bride had a bigger boat than mine, only a foot or so, and a racer not a cruiser.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom