Everett to Fishermans Bay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RonR

Guru
Vessel Name
Triton
Vessel Make
48' Golden Egg Harbor
Headed up to Fisherman's Bay off of Lopez from Everett in a bit.

Traditionally I go up through Deception pass, straight across through middle channel and then up between Lopez/San Juan.

The wife thinks we should take a look, and if the weather is nice to do the normal, but if its at all windy or a little tide rip we should head up and around the top of Lopez and then down to Fisherman's Bay through Upright channel.

And if its really nice to just run on the outside of Whidbey and straight up.

What way do you go?

Last edited:
I've gone all three ways but its always wind and tides dependent. Have fun. I'll be up there in a couple of weeks.

Out of the 3 I have done I think its about a 5 mile difference from longest to shortest!

If the winds are calm and from the South, time is so you hit the entrance to the Strait from Admiralty on an ebb, and by the time you enter Cattle Pass on an Flood. Always fun to be out on the Strait on a calm day and you can see for miles.

Watch the depth and your chart plotter closely as you enter Fisherman's Bay. It's shallow and tight, especially at low tides. Many boats have had.....incidents.....there.:eek:

Out of the 3 I have done I think its about a 5 mile difference from longest to shortest!

Distance has never been an element of my choice.
But running a 6 knot boat I usually go to Anacortes and then west.
Had trouble anchoring there once. Weedy bottom.

Watch the depth and your chart plotter closely as you enter Fisherman's Bay. It's shallow and tight, especially at low tides. Many boats have had.....incidents.....there.:eek:

Thank you for the info!

Back
Top Bottom