Can You Name This Place ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not quite. The most painted and photographed building…

Rockport motif no 1

the rest of the story:

https://newengland.com/today/travel/massachusetts/rockport-motif-no-1/

And wiped out during the Perfect Storm. And plenty of other times too. Rockport takes it on the nose when there is a nor’easter, which is pretty much all winter every winter. That’s why the breakwater was never finished, and efforts switched to Gloucester where there is natural protection from the NE.

Greetings,
Mr. S. Your post #87. Not quite. Government of Canada Parliament Buildings. At the 9 o'clock position you can see the first of the "flight of eight" locks that lift from the Ottawa River to the Rideau Canal. Total of 49 lock chambers in 23 lock stations from #1 (as shown in picture) to #49, just outside of Kingston, Ontario on Lake Ontario.
The Rideau system was declared a World Heritage site in 2007.

Greetings,
Mr. S. Your post #87. Not quite. Government of Canada Parliament Buildings. At the 9 o'clock position you can see the first of the "flight of eight" locks that lift from the Ottawa River to the Rideau Canal. Total of 49 lock chambers in 23 lock stations from #1 (as shown in picture) to #49, just outside of Kingston, Ontario on Lake Ontario.
The Rideau system was declared a World Heritage site in 2007.

You are right, my mistake!

https://stock.adobe.com/images/parliament-hill-in-fall-ottawa-ontario-canada/232173600

attachment.php

Nelson's Dockyard, English Harbor, Antigua

In Domino's wake.

Attachments

• Bay of Islands NZ.jpg
    Bay of Islands NZ.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 19
This is going back a ways to The Perfect Storm in 1991. (hint: Its not in the US, and was originally called Charles Towne)

Attachments

• nassau light.jpg
    nassau light.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 23
Here's one from a few years ago in Gloucester. The storm's name was "winter". Actually, this one was worse than normal, and heavily damaged my granite pier

Attachments

• PCH_2019-09-14_17-46_1.jpg
    PCH_2019-09-14_17-46_1.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 19
  • PCH_2018-03-05_09-09_1.jpg
    PCH_2018-03-05_09-09_1.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 21
Looks a lot like New Zealand to me. Been there but not by boat.

Here's one from a few years ago in Gloucester. The storm's name was "winter". Actually, this one was worse than normal, and heavily damaged my granite pier

Wow. Lot harder to fix than this from Hurricane Michael.

Attachments

• DSC02239.jpg
    DSC02239.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 14
I'll give you a clue - Huron 1992.

Attachments

• 92July Grt Lakes57.jpg
    92July Grt Lakes57.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 21
How about this one.

Hint: the first of many
attachment.php

Attachments

• Lock.jpg
    Lock.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 152
How about this one.

Hint: the first of many

Hmmm....Not much to go on here, except, maybe the "neo-Adirondack" chairs.

I'll guess the Rideau Canal.

Greetings,
Mr. M. Hmmm....Doesn't look like the Rideau. I'm guessing more the Trent/Severn although it may be Kingston Mills Lock station...

Ok. Here's another one...
It's not from a recent trip, but rather one I took in August of 1974 (hence the poor photo quality)

CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE

Attachments

• IMG_7203.jpg
    IMG_7203.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 29

Yikes! Did those houses in the background survive?
Did your house survive?!

Yikes! Did those houses in the background survive?
Did your house survive?!

I don't know how badly damaged those houses were. Our house was fine. Just the granite pier got trashed. I fixed it all and we have since sold the house so now it's someone else's worry.

Back
Top Bottom