Book recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MVTara

Hello,

We are moving from a sailboat to a trawler, hoping to liveaboard and cruise on the east coast. If life and skills permit, go through Panama Canal to Alaska. While we are waiting for our boat to be built, we are trying to educate ourselves.

Can you recommend any books? I have gone through Youtube but I more of a reader and would prefer books. Do you have any recommendations on books that strengthen our skills, help us figure out boat setup, record maintenance and life organization, or just fun stories of people’s experiences?

BTW, I have been lurking for a couple of years and really enjoyed the video recommendations thread.

Many thanks.

Boat owners mechanical & electrical handbook by Nigel Calder.

Pretty much anything by Nigel C.

Down & Up from Panama Canal.

For the trip down & through the Panama Canal & back up, the book Captain's John & Pat Rains published is the best book on this subject.

Good luck.

Alfa Mike

The original works that is generally accepted as the genesis of modern power passagemaking is "Voyaging Under Power" originally written by Robert P. Beebe, but has been revised a number of times.

I have the fourth edition which was revised by Denis D. Umstot.

The original works that is generally accepted as the genesis of modern power passagemaking is "Voyaging Under Power" originally written by Robert P. Beebe, but has been revised a number of times.

I have the fourth edition which was revised by Denis D. Umstot.

Thanks, I love having Voyaging Under Power on Kindle so I can easily search. Have read many sections several times.

Back
Top Bottom