boat warming gift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cardinaltlee

I have a friend that just bought a new Aquilla 44 and he invited my wife and I to join them on a section of the great loop next year. I am interested in ideas about what to get him for a boat warming gift. He seems to have stocked it with everything and I am at a loss at what to get them.
Tommy Lee

Greetings,
Mr. c. Welcome aboard if I missed you. Good boat warming gift??? Fuel and 2 or 3 10MM wrenches (engraved would be nice).

Hope I'm not giving away one of my creative trade secrets, but as a thank-you gift to my clients, I give them spa robes. I give robes to accommodate the # of bunks aboard and each is monogrammed with the yacht name. Great for coffee on the aft deck, cocktails on the flybridge, or for wearing to the beach. No hoods nor fluff and 2 robes don't take up much room in each hanging locker.

Greetings,
Mr. c. Welcome aboard if I missed you. Good boat warming gift??? Fuel and 2 or 3 10MM wrenches (engraved would be nice).
I plan on buying fuel,it is the least I could do. I will check with the Snapon guy about engraved wrenches.

Gift card at their fuel dock.

Depending on their location, gift card at West Marine or equivalent local boat shop.

A boat welcome mat with the boat name on it, nonbreakable glasses with the boat name on them, serving tray appropriate to the boat's colors, etc.

I have a friend that just bought a new Aquilla 44 and he invited my wife and I to join them on a section of the great loop next year. I am interested in ideas about what to get him for a boat warming gift. He seems to have stocked it with everything and I am at a loss at what to get them.
Tommy Lee
Depends on how much money you want to spend, I suppose. But you are probably right that he has it stocked with everything, and so a useful little gift that he hasn't thought of, but will need at some point, would be appropriate. Some idle thoughts: (1) Powerful rechargeable flashlight, (2) large package of various sized cable ties, (3) headlamp, (4) wifi amplifier, etc. All of those are things that I had to buy after I found out how badly they were needed! :)
John

We got customized champagne flutes for our boat. I think that wine glasses are also available. Seems like a good gift unless they don't want glass. We always use glass, but we are on a lake. They are fairly sturdy glass.

Tommy Lee
Get 'em a stack of 50 or so inexpensive hard plastic drink glasses with the boat name on them. They make great give-aways for future guests. If you have a picture or line drawing of the boat you can have that put on the glasses as well. Lots of vendors out there. Take a look at www.siphiphooray.com as an example.

If he doesn't already have one, a handheld VHF Radio is always a nice addition to the boat "tool box".

Personally, i always prefer to receive consumables - food, personalized napkins, limited use plastic glasses like bars have with names on them, etc.

The other gifts might not be my style, preference, look, whatever, and now I'm stuck with them.

I really hate gifts that are intended to become “part” of the boat or decor. I would favor consumables such as an extravagantly expensive beverage.

Shirts with the boatname. Consider the boat silhouette on the back and their roles "Captain" and "First Mate" as options. Mats in the boat color and the boat name on it. Tervis makes custom cups. Get them with the boat name on it. Hats.....again....you guessed it.....with the boat name. :)

I found a drawing of their boat, and had a set of stemless wine glasses laser-etched with the drawing of their boat and their boat's name on it. Ordered via a guy on eBay and it is one of their favorite items on their boat...

So far I liked the suggestion of a boating related gift card.
At least then I would be able to buy what I need. All the suggestions are nice of course, as it is the thought that should count.

Back
Top Bottom