Best N2k data display? Maretron DSM410?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arthurc

Guru
Vessel Name
Sea Bear
Vessel Make
Kadey-Krogen 54
Hi, I want to add a single n2k data display to my flybridge and was wondering if there is anything I should consider instead of the maretron DSM410. I have one in my pilothouse and it’s good but not sure if I should look at anything else?

In the flybridge I keep it pretty simple, controls, radio, Horn, thrusters, Furuno tzt12 and Furuno 711c auto pilot. I’m missing things like egt or engineroom temp, or depth of I want the chart on full display.

Thoughts on:
Simrad is35
Ray marine i70s
Lorance lmf400
Furuno FI70?

Thanks
Arthur

Last edited:
I have 3 Garmin GMI 20 displays through out the boat, very happy with them. You might also look at the Garmin GNX 20 & 21.

Ted

I have two DSM410's on my lower helm. They're great. I do wish they came with display covers like nearly every other display on the market. Oh well.

I doubt that you can get a Garmin display to show non-standard items like EGT. I tried to do this with a Garmin GMI20 and was unsuccessful. It's why I have the DSM410 screens.

Yeah, all my research said that’s a problem, just ordered the maretrons

I did but they seem to have the same issues that most have and will only pick up a limited set of standard nmea sentences. For instance I’m installing a temp Sensor (tmp100) for my stabilized fluid and as far as I can tell only the maretron would display it.

I did but they seem to have the same issues that most have and will only pick up a limited set of standard nmea sentences. For instance I’m installing a temp Sensor (tmp100) for my stabilized fluid and as far as I can tell only the maretron would display it.

You should talk to Furuno then. I could never come up with a parameter their repeaters couldn't read.

Will do next time I chat with the Furuno folks, my entire boat is pretty much Furuno other than the
Maretron stuff so I went with what i know works. Only a few weeks left to wrap everything up before heading north for a bit.
I have a few more spots for displays in my pilothouse so wouldn’t be against trying the Furuno.

AC

Back
Top Bottom