Atwood EHM-6-220 Electric Water Heater Element

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jefndeb

Guru
Vessel Name
Indigo Star
Vessel Make
2006 Mainship 400
Hello,

On our 2006 Maniship 400 we have an 2005 Atwood EHM-6-220 Electric Water Heater (6 Gal) that is the 220v model.

The water flow from the hot water side is very low as compared to the cold side. I think it may need to be cleaned/flushed.
Might be some build-up causing some restriction.

While I have this unit removed to clean, I figured I would replace the 220v Heating element since I have no history of this ever being done.

Looks like the Atwood part number is 91851 for the 220 element but I don't see where that part is available anywhere.

However I do see this item, a Camco 04382/04383 Universal unit item which looks to be the same.

Anybody else ran into this situation?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-24 075436.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-05-24 075436.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot 2024-05-24 080318.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-05-24 080318.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 15
Those elements are pretty generic. As long as the mount matches and the right wattage and voltage are selected, it’ll work.

Looks like the Atwood part number is 91851 for the 220 element but I don't see where that part is available anywhere.

I may have one; let me check.

-Chris

Much appreciated sir

My notes say I have the Atwood gasket #91098, but I too wasn't ever able to find the element.

Instead, I got a Camco #04382/04383 1500W 240V Universal Flange Water Heater Element. Surprisingly short; I'd expected it to be longer. Didn't actually install it; our water heater is leaking and I intended to replace the element IF the leak happened to be right there at the connections. (It wasn't.)

I also got a Camco #07133 Universal water heater element gasket kit, so I'd have options; also not installed.

Latter two, from Amazon. The Atwood gasket came from an obscure seller. Happy to any or all make available if you like, since it turned out we need to replace our whole water heater instead...

-Chris

Hey Chris, yes we could use those item please. Let me know how I should proceed with price and payment.

They are generic. You can get at home depot or Lowes. Nothing special. Match up design and voltage. No need to change though , they work or they don't. They are used in residential unit all the time and normally never need changing in there lifetime of service.

Hey Chris, yes we could use those item please. Let me know how I should proceed with price and payment.

Stand by, to be I can actually locate the things on the boat... :)

Then I'll PM...

Cheers, -Chris

Back
Top Bottom