At St Michael’s Marina file price

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcslocum

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Liberdade
We paid $4.39 for diesel on 10/12/2023 at St Michael’s Marina in St Michael’s, MD on the Eastern Shore.

I'd LOVE to buy diesel for $4.39/gallon! Current price here in Ensenada, MX is 5.00/gallon

I'd LOVE to buy diesel for $4.39/gallon! Current price here in Ensenada, MX is 5.00/gallon
If it makes you feel any better, 80 miles north in California, diesel is running well over $6/gal (street price).

When I first came to Baja 35 years ago, diesel was heavily subsidized by the govt. I met quite a few folks from SoCal who bought diesel trucks to haul boats and toys to take advantage of the low diesel prices.

As an aside, the current president of Mexico, AMLO, has a few major infrastructure projects. Two are of mild interest to folks like cruisers. First. Mexico is building a major refinery so they can control their entire supply chain. Second, an intermodal railway that cuts across the narrowest section of the Isthmus from Salina Cruz (Teuhentepec) to Vera Cruz (Caribbean). This will compete with the Panama Canal, and happens to be one of the routes originally considered when the Canal was bring planned. The third large project is the Maya Train that will connect Cancun with Tulum by rail (and other points along the Yucatan Peninsula). How well these projects go is up on the air. Several years ago, a major upgrade of the airport in Mexico City was started but ran into all sorts of financial and political hurdles. It ended up being a fraction of the original plan.

Peter

Street price on the eastern shore is $4.05. 2 months ago it was $3.69 :-(

The price on Kent Island is $4.49

Cruising Mexico in the 70s diesel was $0.16/gal. Now those were the days. Just filled up here in Delta Discovery Bay at $4.75/gal while rest of Delta is nearer $6/gal. On the road more like $6.72/gal. It sucks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be heading South within a month. Current price at Atlantic Yacht Basin in Virginia Beach is $3.90 with 200 gallon purchase. Port Consolidated in Fernandina Beach, FL is currently at $3.70 with 200 gallon purchase.

Ted

Everything is relative. You are all so lucky... In the Netherlands we pay around $ 8,25 - 8,50 per gallon, also when I buy 600 gallons at once.

Back
Top Bottom