Can someone set up a poll? Time at anchorage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rsn48

Guru
Vessel Name
Capricorn
Vessel Make
Mariner 30 - Sedan Cruiser 1969
I am really curious as to what is the ratio of "on the hook" versus marinas for both coasts. I'm not sure how to set up a poll but hoping some one else can. It would be nice to see the answer at a glance rather than reading through numerous threads.

So the poll would be in two parts.

Part A - East Coast (from Texas to Maine)

So each responder would answer "on the hook" (days) marina (days)"

Part B - West Coast (California to Alaska)

same deal - days on the hook, days at the marina

I'd want to know if that is for full time cruising (marina=transient) or if it is for where your boat is out of the 365 days in a year. Do you count being on mooring as on the hook? How about when you are underway for multiple days with no stops?

Your objective?

Cruising the Inside Passage, (west coast) when we like the gunkhole we have stayed 1-2 weeks, sometimes more. Take advantage before the bugs come out! Good luck in your survey.

Over a three month period in the Bahamas we will stay in a marina perhaps four or five nights - mainly to pick people up from the airport.

(Except when I had a bout with sciatica, then it was three visits to Treasure Cay Marina!)

I am really curious as to what is the ratio of "on the hook" versus marinas for both coasts. I'm not sure how to set up a poll but hoping some one else can. It would be nice to see the answer at a glance rather than reading through numerous threads.

So the poll would be in two parts.

Part A - East Coast (from Texas to Maine)

So each responder would answer "on the hook" (days) marina (days)"

Part B - West Coast (California to Alaska)

same deal - days on the hook, days at the marina
But....doesn't that leave out, oh... about 7/8ths of the world..? :)

Greetings,
I like Poles...

iu

Two awesome ladies....
In the local taxi:

Attachments

• caged-women.jpg
    caged-women.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 11
Yes it does leave out 7/8th's of the world, or maybe 6.9814/8.33519 of the world, not sure. But it makes the polling set up easier and it reflects the reality of the TF, mostly but not only North America.

And it has my agenda, to see how much east coasters are actually on the hook.

How do us Great Lakes folks respond?

How do us Great Lakes folks respond?

Good grief, I was tempted to say in English, but I didn't. Since no one is doing the poll its appears to be a mute point, however if it does get done those living in Australia, New Zealand, Antartica, the Artic, et. al. could be"Part C - The rest of the world."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom