Holding tank aerator to reduce smell.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have two 1" vent lines to my tank. Would there be any reason that I couldn't run the air line tubing down the vent line rather than drilling another hole into the tank? It doesn't seem like it would restrict it much, especially since it's forcing air in there.

BD

I don't see why that wouldn't work.
I have and would recommend a tube to get to the bottom of the tank to bubble. Mine enters at the bottom as I used an unused discharge port.
Are your vent fittings in the top of the tank? if so you can use a piece of rigid tube to reach the bottom. Adding another fitting not that difficult with the fittings Peggie - Headmistress - recommends. I forget the brand name but they are reported to work very well.

I don't see why that wouldn't work.
I have and would recommend a tube to get to the bottom of the tank to bubble. Mine enters at the bottom as I used an unused discharge port.
Are your vent fittings in the top of the tank? if so you can use a piece of rigid tube to reach the bottom. Adding another fitting not that difficult with the fittings Peggie - Headmistress - recommends. I forget the brand name but they are reported to work very well.

Yes vents are at the top, one in opposite corners. I thought the little glass bubbler stones would get them down to the bottom. Not so?

My hesitation on adding the fitting is that I have to pull up the carpet to access the tank. And we just got done reattaching the carpet after pulling it up earlier to replace the waste hose. It gets stretched and damaged each time, so if I don't have to do it I'd like to avoid it.

Thanks for the input!
BD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom