Anti siphon valve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atlantic

I have a 1987 Mainship 36DC. How do I get to the gas tank anti siphon valves. They seem impossible to get at

I don’t know about on a Mainship, but on my boat I had to cut holes in the deck to get to them. I installed deck plates over them so it was easier next time.

Parks please explain gas tank anti siphon valves. Is it’s similar to water system anti siphon valves ? Sounds kind of dangerous used with gasoline unless vented to atmosphere.

Parks please explain gas tank anti siphon valves. Is it’s similar to water system anti siphon valves ? Sounds kind of dangerous used with gasoline unless vented to atmosphere.

They are just spring loaded check valves. They look like a regular hose bard and are used to connect the fuel hose to the fitting on top of the tank. The vacuum from a fuel pump is strong enough to pull fuel through against the spring but if the hose leaks the spring is strong enough to stop the siphon. Not at all like water system anti-siphon valves. There are rules about when you need them but I don’t know the rules.
https://www.amazon.com/Attwood-Univ...ocphy=9011924&hvtargid=pla-523775414300&psc=1

Back
Top Bottom