Aft Cabin Window Removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tynwald

Vessel Name
Innishmore
Vessel Make
Overseas Pacific Fast Trawler 35
I have a leak in aft cabin sliding window has any one removed and resealed if so how to go about removing. It is PT 35 1989 model

Welcome aboard. Not familiar with that boat. What type of windows and do you have photos?

Aft cabin window

Our boat is a Pacific Trawler 35ft sometimes called a Sundeck. The windows in the aft cabin aluminum sliders, and has black aluminum external frame

Our boat is a Pacific Trawler 35ft sometimes called a Sundeck. The windows in the aft cabin aluminum sliders, and has black aluminum external frame

I had similar windows in my Lien Hwa 47 later called a McKinna 47. My sliders leaked and I had them removed and resealed successfully. My current boat has similar sliders which don't currently leak.

My boat has aluminium sliding windows in aft cabin. The exterior black frame and the interior frame are screwed in each other. Removing screws from the inside allow to remove internal frame then push a bit and the window come out. clean, rebed with your caulking of choice and put the window back, the frame being pressed on the caulking makes the whole watertight. Easy job but can be messy if not well planned.

L

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom