Liability only for insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Geico told me no liability only policies for boats my size (49).
Bud

I use Hagerty now for liability only. For my cruising (US, Canada & Alaska), they cover to 25 miles out. I do go outside for tuna, but there's no liability risk out there.
Hagerty does old cars, boats and classic boats. My liability only is under $2000/yr. 1942 wood 83' boat. I have professional licenses and a long history of no claims, but I don't think that counts at Hagerty. https://www.hagerty.com/insurance/classic-boat-insurance/marine-partners

For me it's easy, I have a private dock and only dock at fuel docks. Otherwise anchor. It's been years since I docked the big boat at a marina. When I travel, I carry a small fast boat and sometimes rent a space for that at marina close to a grocery store if I'm going to be there for a spell. Docking the big boat costs about $80/day or $1000/month at a marina. Too much for me.

I use Hagerty now for liability only. For my cruising (US, Canada & Alaska), they cover to 25 miles out. I do go outside for tuna, but there's no liability risk out there.
Hagerty does old cars, boats and classic boats. My liability only is under $2000/yr. 1942 wood 83' boat. I have professional licenses and a long history of no claims, but I don't think that counts at Hagerty. https://www.hagerty.com/insurance/classic-boat-insurance/marine-partners

For me it's easy, I have a private dock and only dock at fuel docks. Otherwise anchor. It's been years since I docked the big boat at a marina. When I travel, I carry a small fast boat and sometimes rent a space for that at marina close to a grocery store if I'm going to be there for a spell. Docking the big boat costs about $80/day or $1000/month at a marina. Too much for me.

There seems to have been a change at Hagerty. I got a quote from them last week, the underwriter was Markel.

I called and gave Hagerty all my info. They emailed me a pdf letter saying they do not insure any boats over 30ft in Florida.
Bud

Back
Top Bottom