Old 12-23-2018, 09:59 AM   #20
Maerin
Guru

City: East Coast
Vessel Name: M/V Maerin
Vessel Model: Solo 4303
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTime View Post
I assume you are thinking of the small municipal floating dock adjacent to the park and pool in Green Cove Springs.

You have not shared details of your new ride but I don't think their 6 or 7 slips can handle over 11 or 12 foot beam or 5 foot draft.

We stopped at Green Cove Springs last month, stayed at the muni docks. There is a face dock about 70 ft, about 8 ft depth, 2 50A services, water. There is an adjacent slip with a finger pier that's about 30ft, the slip is just over 16 ft wide, we squeezed our 15'-8" beam into the slip. On the return trip we used the face dock. We were chased out by one of the American Cruise line small ships, they tie up to the face dock and pretty much monopolize the entire facility with their lines stretched across the slips. The anchorage is fine, about 8-9 ft of depth.The local liveaboards use the slips for dinghy access. There isn't any indication of when the cruise lines are scheduled, I visited City Hall & no mention was made of any reservation; it appears management of the facility is very low priority. For an overnight, if there's room, go for it. Delightful park there, food & drink easy walk.
Maerin is offline   Reply With Quote