Waiting on weather ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darkev

Hello all,

Our 1984 38ft. Cheerman Pacific Trawler is tied up at the South Harbour in Powell River, BC waiting for a change in weather as it is blowing 60 - 90 km!
As it is our home base we can come and go as we like whenever the weather improves.
Hope everyone has a great outing season ��

ps. Met member Airstream345 on their Kady Krogen Fortitdue this morning when checking our boat. Hope they have a great day checking out our little town.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. We are also waiting on better weather. We launched last week and the weather was beautiful. Since then it has been snowing and blowing.

Welcome!

We will be looking at weather windows around the 1st of May.

Welcome

If it's any consolation we are stuck 50nm offshore in a coral lagoon, only boat here and it's been blowing 20+ knots for near a week and now into 30+ knots for at least another week.
Windy guestimates are showing 37+ in a few days with gusts well into the 40's

Comfortable enough and we'll provisioned but feeling like I should have ran a bit over week ago when it was near glass out, but weather pattern for the last 3 months have been a few days of 20+ then a week or so of calm.

SE trades have definitely arrived.

Here in the Midwest I really dont get the boat fever until May.

pete

One of my worst "surprise" weather beatings was coming out of Princess Louisa (little radio reception) into Powell River---very glad to get to the dock.

One of my worst "surprise" weather beatings was coming out of Princess Louisa (little radio reception) into Powell River---very glad to get to the dock.

Same here, but trying to get around that big rock in the entrance and the wind blowing you off the dock it was rough.

Stuck in Santa Barbara for two weeks now, no let up in the coastal weather at 20-35 knots for long enough to make a move. It looks like maybe Wednesday of next week I can make Monterey or Santa Cruz. Back in Prince William Sound by mid June is looking more difficult…

There are most certainly worse places to be stuck ��

Take your time. Sit it out.

4 guys left Hampton NH in a 17' center console for a 10 mile trip to a fishing spot in Mass Bay. Seas 2-3, winds 15 Gusts to 20. USCG found the overturned boat but stopped the search after only finding 3 bodies. Ocean temp is 42

Offshore weather is not the same as coastal conditions.

Back
Top Bottom