pex leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keith c

Vessel Name
Princess M
Vessel Make
2006 Mainship 34
Have a leak where pex connects to the pump. The pex is coming in at a strange angle and O ring is allowing a leak. I need to remove the pex from a T. I dont see any hardware at the T. It appears the T is made of plastic. Do you think the pex was connected using an expanding tool? If so how to I disconnect the pex at the T and how to I reattach?

On many fittings you can push the ring where the PEX enters into the fitting to release.
They sell a small tool that helps to do this but you can usually do it by
pushing the tube inward while pushing in the ring with some pliers or even your fingers.

On many fittings you can push the ring where the PEX enters into the fitting to release.
They sell a small tool that helps to do this but you can usually do it by
pushing the tube inward while pushing in the ring with some pliers or even your fingers.
An open end wrench just large enough to fit over the tube can also aid disassembly. Some fittings have a split ring retainer that has to be removed to allow the release ring to be pushed it.

A picture would be great so we know exactly what we are dealing with. Thee are a number of different PEX attachment methods, plus sharkbite and other push-to-connect fittings. You mention a leaking o-ring, and I cna only guess what that's part of.

All pex fittings weather crimp or bite style do not like pressure side to side. Cut and install a 45 or 90 to eliminate the horizontal pressure. Trying to curve out of a fitting ( without a support) will result in a leak.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom