Is there a RainX for eisenglass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seevee

Guru
Vessel Make
430 Mainship
Is there a RainX product or similar for eisenglass, so that the water beads off easily?

we clean ours with a approved cleaner, then put a coat of rejex on, seems to do the trick. Then repeat the process as required

Good question.
I just read my Rain-X container and it says glass only. I also contains acetone, so I wouldn't use it on eisinglass.
I do use it on headlight lenses and it works pretty well.
Would 303 help shed water?

There is now a version of Rainx for plastics. Says it right on the front label. Don’t know if it will not damage your rise glass though.

It’s called rain-x 620036 on amazon.

Just wrote to RainX....will report.

Just wrote to RainX....will report.

Report back, but I've looked carefully at their products and read many comments by others and all I've found about using their products on vinyl is to not do ti.

is

Sumner 210 works on plastics and eisenglass. It helps water bead and roll off. I get it on Amazon. Very easy to use. I keep baby diapers dedicated to doing this work. Spray it on like you would Pledge, but do not use Pledge on eisenglass, wipe around with one diaper and then polish it with a second diaper. On our last boat I could inside and out on the flybridge and Sundeck enclosed in about 1.5 hours.

OK, this is for Strataglass (have now), not Eisenglass (have had in the past), but works.

- Every underway: Clean first with water - gently wipe with soft cloth so you don't scratch.
- Every other week: Clean with IMAR Strataglass Protective Cleaner and micro fiber cloth. Wipe dry with clean micro fiber cloth.
- Every month: Polish with IMAR Strataglass Protective Polish with a soft cotton cloth. Don't use too much. Let dry a bit to light haze, then wipe off.

The rain-X for plastics is the lame bastard cousin to their glass product, works as touted, but only for a short period, I don’t think it lasts half a day in salt spray.
My windows are Lexan.

There is now a version of Rainx for plastics. Says it right on the front label. Don’t know if it will not damage your rise glass though.

Works fine on my clear vinyl.

OK, this is for Strataglass (have now), not Eisenglass (have had in the past), but works.

- Every underway: Clean first with water - gently wipe with soft cloth so you don't scratch.
- Every other week: Clean with IMAR Strataglass Protective Cleaner and micro fiber cloth. Wipe dry with clean micro fiber cloth.
- Every month: Polish with IMAR Strataglass Protective Polish with a soft cotton cloth. Don't use too much. Let dry a bit to light haze, then wipe off.

I have one makrolon window and 8 strata glass windows. I use the same IMAR cleaner and polish. I find this works as well as anything. I have noted that it actually works better on the makrolon then the strataglass.

Both eisenglass and strataglass are coated vinyl were makrolon is coated Lexan.

I have one makrolon window and 8 strata glass windows. I use the same IMAR cleaner and polish. I find this works as well as anything. I have noted that it actually works better on the makrolon then the strataglass.

Both eisenglass and strataglass are coated vinyl were makrolon is coated Lexan.

IMAR works well for cleaning but doesn't keep rain off.

I find that RainX needs good air pressure to work. It works amazingly on the glider and on the car if I am on the freeway. I have not had the same results at lower speeds. Now rainX certainly improves things on my glass windows but my coated vinyl and lexan windows do better than the glass with rainX.

Maybe all the IMAR does is clean the coating. All I can tell you is my best results with the coated windows comes after they are polished and cleaned with IMAR.

I find that RainX needs good air pressure to work. It works amazingly on the glider and on the car if I am on the freeway. I have not had the same results at lower speeds. Now rainX certainly improves things on my glass windows but my coated vinyl and lexan windows do better than the glass with rainX.

Maybe all the IMAR does is clean the coating. All I can tell you is my best results with the coated windows comes after they are polished and cleaned with IMAR.

We love IMAR products.

Go to a company called Plane Perfect. Been using their products on aircraft windows and on glass on dodger. Had great results. Aircraft windscreens are very soft plastic which allows for rapid expansion and contraction. It seems to work very well.

I use Sumner 210 ONLY! It works great!

303 makes a great product for clear vinyl windows. Super easy to apply and water beads up like Rain-x. I used to use Imar wax product made for windows and it was a lot of work and didn't work as well as the 303 product. I'm a big fan of most 303 products but this stuff is the best. So easy to use, I do my windows much more often now and with better results.

https://www.amazon.com/303-30215-Cl...ocphy=9004533&hvtargid=pla-569679813511&psc=1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom