Too old to sail...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boracay

Hi, I'm getting too old to sail so having sold my Roberts 44 Offshore I'm looking to buy a small trawler.
Something like a "man cave" in the water.

Hi, I'm getting too old to sail so having sold my Roberts 44 Offshore I'm looking to buy a small trawler.
Welcome aboard! Philippines enthusiast?
Maybe begin by searching the usual sales sites to get some ideas.

Welcome to another fellow Aussie to TF. Good luck in the search. It might pay to come down, once the current covid excitement settles again, and walk round the marina-based boat sales places down in Brisbane and the Northern Gold Coast, as the stock for sale on the Sunshine Coast will be much smaller.

Welcome aboard. As former sailors ourselves, wife and I wanted a boat that at least somewhat resembled what we were used to from sailing. We began to focus on downeast lobster-style boats and ended up with a Mainship after looking at a few others including some Back Coves. Kind of fits the "man cave" description in a small boat. But small is relative. If you are used to a 44', maybe small to you is 39'.

Welkommen!
I gave up sailing when I was 73, however I take advantage of every opportunity now to sail with friends, as long as I don't have to climb the mast or run to the bow - I'm fine. I'm a firm believer in motor sailors and trollers with steadying sails. Gives me the best of both worlds.

Welcome aboard. Glad to have another member from down under.

Back
Top Bottom