Canada extends cruise ship ban until Feb 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sunchaser said:
Seems the infractions are the same then as noted in various government publications for quite some time. Just reiterated here to continue the TF feud over inane issues.

Neither the same nor inane.
Not until July last year, some months after a pandemic was declared and the border closed, did the issue of non-resident travelers, get noticed. At that point, there were few Provincial (Covid-19) Regulations and very few eyes on the water. In fact, with Provincial Marine Parks closed to even locals, enforcement was mostly nonexistent; i.e. one Provincial Parks employee responsible for 18 parks on the Sunshine Coast.

The point made to me and passed to Murray being, there are many more Provincial Regulations in place at this time and the number of enforcement individuals is tenfold over a year ago.

The further point being, more eyes on the water and a heightened vigilance in and around coastal communities. Communities of which some were locked down and have had higher per capita infections and deaths.

We take our comrade’s safety seriously, especially in light of veiled threats from extremists. The irony would not escape me, should ASD be ticketed by a FN band member.

And, as you remind us of your watching Canadian numbers, you will likely have seen how far a single exposure has travelled in some of our communities.

Last edited:
We take our comrade’s safety seriously, especially in light of veiled threats from extremists. The irony would not escape me, should ASD be ticketed by a FN band member.

How little you know about me. Or the respect I have for most Canadians.

I agree Al. No one cares. Time to move forward.

Hey Admin! Can you please close this thread as it has gone waaaaay past anything nautical.

Hey Admin! Can you please close this thread as it has gone waaaaay past anything nautical.

Click on "Thread Tools" and then "Ignore this thread" and it will never bother you again :D :thumb:

Who keeps dragging it off course?

Click on "Thread Tools" and then "Ignore This Thread" and it will never bother you again :D :thumb:

And that last soldier finally raises the white flag. ��

Why is it, generally speaking, that the further to the 'right' a person debating issues online is, the shorter and 'snarkier' their offerings are?

Wouldn't it be more interesting if you fleshed out some of your ideas, allowing for a more stimulating dialogue? You might even persuade some people to drift you direction!

Why is it, generally speaking, that the further to the 'right' a person debating issues online is, the shorter and 'snarkier' their offerings are?

Wouldn't it be more interesting if you fleshed out some of your ideas, allowing for a more stimulating dialogue? You might even persuade some people to drift you direction!
So lets talk about all things trawlers (boats).

Want to talk China Flu, I am sure there a lot of other forums to discuss the matter.

You know, you can put the whole Harbour Chat forum on ignore, that way you'll have your wish and see only threads about boats :thumb:

:eek:Nope, Ask me sometime. I may hold the "Delete" record if there is one.:rofl::D:lol:

Greetings,
Hopefully by next February things will have settled down to a dull roar. I haven't really been keeping much track but how many ships and planes have been tossed/parked as a result of the tourist slowdowns? Will there BE enough equipment to resume "normal" operations?

In any case safeguarding the population is paramount at this stage. Loss of revenue businesses and jobs for the various villages has been cited but I feel this is a minor inconvenience compared to the alternative.

Greetings,
Hopefully by next February things will have settled down to a dull roar. I haven't really been keeping much track but how many ships and planes have been tossed/parked as a result of the tourist slowdowns? Will there BE enough equipment to resume "normal" operations?...
Planes should be easily brought back into service. But cruise ships? Even with those taken out of service or worse, reduced demand long term could balance fewer ships in service. Even with vaccinations, it will require a leap of faith to go big ship cruising again.

As this thread has clearly passed its best by date, and wandered far and wide, a joint mod decision has been taken to close the thread.

When the main point of a thread has been done to death appears to be when some folk start enjoying taking the rule of 'be nice' to a new level, sadly. Please be wary of falling into that trap dear people. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom